X10 screen issues during callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. momhas3girls

momhas3girls Member This Topic's Starter

I'm asking for a friend who owns this phone. Can anyone share some insight so I can pass on the info to her? Thanks.

Her exact words to me today were: "I need to know how to shut the screen off on my xperia x10 during a call...sometimes it shuts off, sometimes it doesn't...when it doesn't, it causes me to perform a TON of unwanted tasks like adding a contact, changing the wallpaper, etc. when it hits my cheek."

Thanks again!

Advertisement
  2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

There is a proximity sensor near the ear peace and this should kill the screen when ever there is an object with in 1cm of the top third of the phone.

There is a secret menu to allow you to test the sensor but cant for the life of me remember how to open it.

Some people have posted the same issue but I never had it on my X10

3. momhas3girls

Thanks for your speedy reply. Since I am unfamiliar with this phone, hopefully someone will chime in with how to check that so I can pass that info on.

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Go down the page in the X10 section on here till you get to the X10 tips thread and I know the code is in there.

It's just pressing the 3 silver buttons in the right order to open the menu like a cheat code on a games console.

5. momhas3girls

I will check there. Thank you!