• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10 Stock Android Apps?

Kver

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
Hey all;

For the life of me I can't stand any of the sony-brand apps. After tinkering, I stumbled upon the "stock" android dialer and the "stock" music player - both of which are much better to use.

Problem is, I can't find them!

To access the stock android music app, I access it through an openhome widget. But ideally, I'd just like to have a plane-jane launcher. On top of that, I've found no way to get back into the stock dialer.

Does anybody know how to get the stock android apps to show up in the tray, so I can start using them again?

I couldn't fond the native dialer, there were about 17 dialers and they were all the same. I did get it through contacts though, icons a little shrunk. Also managed to get the native music app - my biggest concern.

By the looks of it, I think I'm running all native apps now. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones