• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 sucking up the data

ryno1974

May 3, 2010
My X10 is currently using upwards of 30mb of data a day - with 0 emails coming in. The only thing I am doing with it is getting facebook updates every 15 minutes, and email updates every 15 minutes but so far it is only pulling my gmail account that no one knows so no emails are arriving. I am spending maybe 20-30 minutes total on web pages (mainly checking my work webmail) and about 15 text messages.

It seems Waaaaay to high (would put me over 1 gig for the month - everyone at Rogers and all my friends had me convinced that 500 mb was tons and given my usage level I would never go over).

Am I crazy or does this seem like way too much to you guys?

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago that without doing any surfing my X10 was transferring about 10mB data on its own and the 3g icon was almost constantly flashing! Try turning off your Facebook updates/email updates one at a time and see what is causing so much traffic. Are you using 3g watchdog?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones