• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help x10 Vodafone OTA software update

Hi All,
I've googled it and not found any reference so thought I'd post.
I'm on Vodafone UK and used the software update search which was successful.
My baseband (no idea what that is) has changed from 1.0.14 to 1.1.28.
I didn't make a note of the build number but it's R2BA024 at the moment.
Firmware is still 1.6 which I assume is old Android (not very techy I'm afraid) from what I've read.
Apart from losing/re-installing SWYPE I haven't noticed any real difference excepting that I now have a back up/restore "button" when I slide up from the bottom to see all app's etc, which I didn't have before.

I can only assume that Vodafone have done this as a pre-firmware update to ensure that when they release it users will be prompted to create a back-up first (again I'm not too techy but makes sense I guess otherwise they'll get loads of calls from users with bricked handsets).
Hope it helps.

That sucks, i recently debranded because Voda were being useless! Although I am happy to have got rid of my vodafone apps, I would like to keep my warranty intact. I was in such a rush to debrand I didn't back up the old firmware though, are there any links to put vodafone firmware back on?

Upvote 0
I've noticed the startup time is super fast compared to before.
Too early to judge if the battery is better, first impressions are that it's not but I could be wrong and I think I'm on an old sim card so that might have some effect.

@huntleth I'm not sure if it has to be from your phone or not if not then I'll probably debrand/root when 2.1 comes out, so i'll stick up a link

Reactions: huntleth
Upvote 0
No, first I've heard of it as well but, could just be to differentiate between the "official" one and Vodafone's one. It'll probably be the same as 023 but, with Vodafone branded apps. I can't even get 023 though on my unbranded UK model :(, unless I root but, Norway can :| (and totally missed 020).

You can get the Nordic 023 without root. I flashed it last night using the link posted below.

It took me a few attempts to get the replacing of files timed right but am now on Nordic 023 and should be able to flash further Nordic firmware in future via SEUS.

Debrand your Xperia X10 [Tutorial] | Xperia X10 Blog

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones