• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 wont connect via USB or Bluetooth anymore?

steveo750

Lurker
Nov 4, 2010
Hi everyone, ive been tryinjg to update to android 2.1, i did it on my Dads puter with his x10 with out any problems.

But my x10 is being a mole. When i connect the usb it wont ask to mount the SD anymore, the usb will charge the phone, but no connection.

I tried doing the up date via bluetooth with pc companion, i get as far as connecting, and i get a message cant connect to bluetooth at his time.

Any advice on connecting bluetooth is appreaceated, otherwise i think ill go to vodafone store tomorrow and throw it at them,. i love the phone, im just frustrated.

You can't do the 2.1 update via Bluetooth sadly.

You could try firing up the PC in Safemode with Networking as this seems to resolve certain issues where the PC can't see the phone as a device. (Tap F8 whilst PC is starting up until menu appears).

The other thing you could try is using the Update service rather than PC Companion if you haven't already.

Sony Ericsson - Support - Phones - Topic - Updateserviceapplication - Xperia? X10

Upvote 0
I have the same problem where I can't connect using USB or Bluetooth from my X10A on Rogers service. Currently running Firmware 1.6, with baseband 1.1.25, so I really need to update.

I have latest PC Companion but app doesn't find either USB or Bluetooth.

Tried Safe Mode no luck.

Tried Update Service still will not recognize phone.

Tried all of the above on two PCs, one was Vista and the other Windows 7.

The phone seems to pair with PCs and other phones but won't connect.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes, phone charges when connected by USB. When I drag down, only shows Rogers, Notfications, messages etc.. No USB icon.

Downloaded and installed Flashtool etc..

Start Flashtool..
06/009/2011 10:09:48 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
06/009/2011 10:09:48 - INFO - Starting adb service
--- Click on Flash
06/009/2011 10:09:57 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
----plug phone in and get Green LED , click on OK
06/010/2011 10:10:48 - INFO - Searching for Xperia....
06/010/2011 10:10:49 - ERROR - Please plug you device in flash mode
Guess phone isn't found..

Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Yes, phone charges when connected by USB. When I drag down, only shows Rogers, Notfications, messages etc.. No USB icon.

Downloaded and installed Flashtool etc..

Start Flashtool..
06/009/2011 10:09:48 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
06/009/2011 10:09:48 - INFO - Starting adb service
--- Click on Flash
06/009/2011 10:09:57 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
----plug phone in and get Green LED , click on OK
06/010/2011 10:10:48 - INFO - Searching for Xperia....
06/010/2011 10:10:49 - ERROR - Please plug you device in flash mode
Guess phone isn't found..

Any other ideas?

Again, sorry if you know this - but are you turning the phone off and then connecting while holding the back button?

Upvote 0
Yes, using back button.

1) Powering off phone.
2) remove battery for 10 seconds, reinstall battery
3) hold back button
4) continue holding back button while plugging into PC
5) continue holding back button
6) 06/036/2011 16:36:20 - ERROR - Please plug you device in flash mode

Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Upvote 0
Hi, i have same problem here.. It does charge, but not detected even in device manager. I can't update it through SEUS or PC companion. When i plugged it nothing happened,mount option didnt come. Have tried it with another PC, windows, linux, still no lucks.

I have tried connect with flashtool, i got same error messages like poppadon56.

Do anyone know, is it hardware related problem or firmware error? Please anyone help me, i cant update it and unlock my phone because it need usb connection.. or do anyone here know how to upgrade firmware without usb connection?

any helps appreciated..

Upvote 0
i had the exact same problem with mine but i could just get it to connect by holding the cable firmly in place(pushing in and away from the screen) in my phone, ive taken it back to vodafone now and its away for repairs and has been for a week now, now they are sending me messages saying its been delayed and other ones saying my order has been dispatched.... to a random house in the opposite side of the country -_- well done vodafone, well done. :|

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, i've found some clue on another forum.. maybe this can help to fix usb connection problem. But i'm not sure, because this for usb charging problem. Has anyone tried this and working?

dlgdpc.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones