• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10i wont go into flash mode

Lamgp

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
HELLLLP Hi i am more of a searcher than a poster as it doesnt clutter the forum with usless questions ..... until now that is ,, i am using the x10 freebeta 2.2 and want to flash to the new 54 baseband as i belive its the one all roms will now be based( i also wanna put the beta 4 update on it) but my phone will not go into flash mode at all, i run the flash tool turn off phone switch back on hold back key plug into laptop and nothing it continues on to either xrecovery or my boot gif and then homescreen i dont get a green led either when trying it into flash mode .... What am i doing wrong am i missing a driver from the lap top or is something on my boot loadup .... :thinking: Bill

HELLLLP Hi i am more of a searcher than a poster as it doesnt clutter the forum with usless questions ..... until now that is ,, i am using the x10 freebeta 2.2 and want to flash to the new 54 baseband as i belive its the one all roms will now be based( i also wanna put the beta 4 update on it) but my phone will not go into flash mode at all, i run the flash tool turn off phone switch back on hold back key plug into laptop and nothing it continues on to either xrecovery or my boot gif and then homescreen i dont get a green led either when trying it into flash mode .... What am i doing wrong am i missing a driver from the lap top or is something on my boot loadup .... :thinking: Bill

try to reinstall SEUS and PCC then reboot

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply I thought pcc might have been causing the issue as it comes on when i plug the phone into the laptop but says no phone connected so i uninstalled it although this did not solve anything, i have an sdcard muliti mount app on the phone would this be interfering with the connection ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply I thought pcc might have been causing the issue as it comes on when i plug the phone into the laptop but says no phone connected so i uninstalled it although this did not solve anything, i have an sdcard muliti mount app on the phone would this be interfering with the connection ?

it`s not supposed to...
but try to make just one partition and see, but i doubt

... try another PC

Upvote 0
in almost 4 hours?!
maybe he did, maybe he didn`t :p:p

As i was discussing on XDA last night, alot of people try the less obvious things before trying the obvious lol

For instance, I lost my network signal yesterday and I kept flashing different ROMs to see if it would make a difference. Hours later, someone asked me if i'd removed the sim and re-inserted it :D It's funny how I didn't think of the obvious within hours of continuous flashing :D lol

Upvote 0
As i was discussing on XDA last night, alot of people try the less obvious things before trying the obvious lol

For instance, I lost my network signal yesterday and I kept flashing different ROMs to see if it would make a difference. Hours later, someone asked me if i'd removed the sim and re-inserted it :D It's funny how I didn't think of the obvious within hours of continuous flashing :D lol

i know that.
i was just teasing up :p:p

Upvote 0
what`s your info on baseband?

Well I updated to 435 then had the problem shortly after.

But the problem lies with the external antenna connector. I stuck a piece of wire in it to boost my signal (and it worked) but I damaged the connector, so now it keeps trying to get a signal through the external antenna connector

Upvote 0
Well I updated to 435 then had the problem shortly after.

But the problem lies with the external antenna connector. I stuck a piece of wire in it to boost my signal (and it worked) but I damaged the connector, so now it keeps trying to get a signal through the external antenna connector
Then one more question...
Did you upgrade all FW or just the baseband?
I'm asking you this because i had q very similar prob.
I was trying to upgrade only my baseband. Result? Never but ever got any GSM service. I became desperate :)
then...light just bit me...flash all FW and Viola...everything fine.
try it. Look my signature. There you can download 435 firmware I've made.
if still doesn't work tell me. I made a restore of 24 baseband FW but only when I'm at home i can upload that. 11/2 hour.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones