X8 1.6 Upgrades to 2.1 or upGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-01-06 16:42:57
  1. ar8is

ar8is New Member

Has anyone upgraded Sony Experia X8 Android 1.6 (Donut) ? How ?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The upgrade to 2.1 won't be available until the end of the year according to SE and the rooting and flashing the X10's to get the Nordic 2.1 upgrade has a warning that it won't work on the X8.
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

This link may be of interest to you

XPERIA X8 and Cedar Now Shipping | Product Launch Blog

The key statement is:

Since much of the discussions here are about the forthcoming Android update I’d also like to make clear that also X8 is Android 1.6 from launch and will get the planned Android 2.1 update later this year. Final timing is not fully set yet but I expect it to be a bit later than for the X10 family.
    ar8is likes this.
  4. ar8is

ar8is New Member

Thanks for the useful info. Too bad X8 upgrades have to wait cause now some new apps need 2.1
    anne2709 likes this.
  5. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

Someone post it when it happens! ;)
    N.
  6. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

so why have you guys bought an x8 over the x10? lol
  7. Lupajz

Lupajz Well-Known Member

X8 comes more cheaper to me as a student :) and more handy ... anyway updates will be relesed by the end of the year ;) i hope so ...
    anne2709 likes this.
  8. he6rt6gr6m

he6rt6gr6m Well-Known Member

X10 is MASSIVELY priced. The X8 is more than half the X10's price, and cheaper than the X10 Mini, with a bigger screen.

2.1 should have been shipped with the phone, really, but it hasn't, and I expect it before or at the beginning of December.
    anne2709 likes this.
  9. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

Why should I buy X10? Actualy why did YOU buy the X10 when you had better options?
    Can you carry the x10 in your pocket and not worry about sitting down or hitting furniture with that pocket? I'm not that careful :) Also, I think the display and processor are too much for the battery it has, and also I don't even kow any applications that require that much computing power (yet). Until then, I'm very happy with my decision.
  10. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

X10 is for ppl who dont have any other work than to sit with their phone all day... Mini is for girls lol... X8 is cool and a comfortable size... Lol
  11. khaled.h

khaled.h Member

w8ing for the 2.2 update.................
  12. suhel28

that's too much you are asking for mate lol...p
  13. kiz1983

kiz1983 Well-Known Member

Nope, nothing for me..
  14. suhel28

Ah yet another sparkle me hope extinguished :-(
  15. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

Hey

A similar thing happened with the lg optimus - the baltic version got released about two months before the Uk version with a whole host of various european countries in between!

I have no idea why they cant coordinate the update so its released (even semi) simultaneously.

Even if they released some kind of schedule so everyone knew what to expect!
  16. he6rt6gr6m

he6rt6gr6m Well-Known Member

I think it's because there are more strenuous tests for software in this Country. The last thing British companies need right now, is to have a load of bricked phones coming back, costing a fortune.
  17. Blitzkri3g

No update still...
    N.
  18. chethan.2106

chethan.2106 Member

Yeah.. i got the update this afternoon..
    Not really happy abt it.. 1.6 was more polished IMO.
    i am now not able to connect to the office wifi.(was working perfectly on 1.6) :(
    anyone facing the same issue??
  19. suhel28

try using WiFi fixEr it works in most of the cases...

m.androlib.com/android.application.org-wahtod-wififixer-qwn.aspx
  20. Blitzkri3g

Bigger screen -> Lower Price! :D:p

Greece didnt got the update still.
    N.
  21. ar8is

ar8is New Member

22. suhel28

Congratulations :D yay !!!