• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xapush.com opt-out?

The actual denying of permissions can only be done if you are rooted. It will only show non rooted users what kind of permissions you have given an installed app.
It's amazing how many apps want access to your call logs, phone ID # and other things. Even though they don't need them to function. Just another reason to Root. With LBE installed on my rooted phone I have denied phone id# permissions to all apps that don't need it. All other permissions on all apps I have set to prompt for an allow/deny pop up window.
I now have control, not the app.

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
There's an app in the market called AirPush Detector. It should tell you which app is the culprit.

What a great app you suggested. The app does not require any permissions or require any special notices that you give up special access by installing. The culprit in my case was JT Flash lite.

Thanks so very much Melim!

btw... I registered just to be able to say thanks!

Upvote 0
Try Add Network Detector. This one should also show you what apps push ads to the notification bar.

Personally, I think Google Play should require that all apps that use ads state as much in the description, including where (notification bar, app itself) and if found to be not observing this requirement, the app should be pulled.

I'm all for keeping Play "open" but let us know up front & we can decide whether it's worth downloading on not...

Upvote 0
Personally, I think Google Play should require that all apps that use ads state as much in the description, including where (notification bar, app itself) and if found to be not observing this requirement, the app should be pulled.

I'm all for keeping Play "open" but let us know up front & we can decide whether it's worth downloading on not...

Good idea, and I think I remember reading somewhere recently about more security measures being (if they haven't already) implemented for things like this.

Until then though, the best warning you're going to get is from the users who've left reviews for the apps.

Upvote 0

Amen!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones