• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XBMC box bluetooth woes

hi all I'm a newbie here, please move to correct forum if not meant to be here. right I have an XBMC MX android box 4.2.2 and ive bought some Bluetooth control pads. when I go to the Bluetooth tab on the mbx box it doesn't work?? I click the on/off tab to on and it just stays greyed out and nothing happens?? Do these boxes have Bluetooth built in?? I did pop a usb dongle in the side but to no avail ☹ and I've also done a factory reset of the box but no joy.. Is there a dongle that will work with tho box???

Do these boxes have Bluetooth built in?

Some do, some don't... yours doesn't.

And get this, here's some worse news... those Bluetooth dongles that work so well on Windows incredibly don't work at all when you plug them into an operating system designed for a phone!

It's all bad news, mate. Sorry!

I have seen some dongles advertised on the internet that say they work on Android devices, but I'm skeptical.
First of all, they need device drivers for Android and I can't think of any manufacturer that does this.

To make matters worse, there are lots of Android TV box suppliers who say their devices have Bluetooth built in when they don't!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones