xbox 360 WiFi dongle or WiFi router/repeater for xbox live??? HELP PLZ

Last Updated:

1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

xbox 360 WiFi dongle or WiFi router/repeater for xbox live??? HELP PLZ

I keep finding WiFi dongles that say it will work on a 360, but it has to be hooked up to a PC first and programed, and you will have problems if anyone else uses a said channel within 10 miles, making it sound like a crap shoot.

Dunno why I couldn't just get a cheap WiFi router and plug it into the 360 as a repeater???

Really don't want to drill holes in walls or run 80ft of cable.

but it also has to work well.

HELP PLZ

Advertisement
  2. for a pound

for a pound Active Member

Drill the holes and go wired that's the way I would go, my son is WiFi and the odd time he drops out and my Xbox is wired and never have problems
    350X likes this.
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

I assume you have the Elite. If that's the case, all you need is an adapter like this, which does not require being configured via PC first.

This is made by Microsoft. I cannot say whether those made by others are the same way.
    350X likes this.
  4. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Its a 4GB slim knetic, gonna upgrade HD to s 320GB soon

hard to talk GF into running a 50ft cable
  5. for a pound

for a pound Active Member

After reading your post again it doesn't really make any sense or I'm i just not getting it
    If you have broadband that means you have a router and you have a WiFi Xbox, just go WiFi and if you're far away from your router just get then signal repeater's
    350X likes this.
  6. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

no I want to hook up wifi to the xbox with the least troubles.

the PC with brandband is 3 rooms away
  7. edge

edge Well-Known Member

I went wired. Way worth it. If you must go wireless, just buy the Mickeysoft one
    350X likes this.
  8. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

All the XBox Slims have built in Wi-Fi. You should be able just to go to the system settings and scan and connect it.
    350X likes this.
  9. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

hold up. Do you even have a wireless router in your home? Or is your PC wired straight to the modem of your ISP?

either way. ....wired is the best way to go.
    350X likes this.
  10. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

If you buy an adapter that requires you to plug it into a computer first, you're only using the computer for the setup process (connecting to wifi). It should work just as well as any other wifi device you have, but you can't beat wired for gaming.
    350X likes this.
  11. edge

edge Well-Known Member

350X likes this.
  12. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I did not know that, its the GF son, and I don't mess with it to much and I don't have a 360 yet, so I assumed he knew he didn't have it.

will find out shortly if i Can save $70
  13. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

It did end up having built in WiFi and all it needed was a reset of the settings to find the connection. kid could of had xboxlive long ago ;)