Xbox Live price increase

Last Updated:

1. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator This Topic's Starter

Just thought I'd pass this on for anybody with an Xbox Live Subscription.

http://kotaku.com/5625516/xbox-live-price-increase-coming-november-1

For anyone outside North America, I think now would be a good time to switch to buying 12 month subscription code, and avoid the month to month price increase. I've found one that works out as

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Good thing I never pay a penny over $39.99 USD for it then lol

3. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Haha, usual have friends in state to buy it for me! :p

So they just send me a message on phone with the codes. So a very cheap live 12 months subscription then! :)

Though it's not that much more expensive in Norway: I pay about 57,76 USD for it if I were to buy it in Norway, which for me ain't really a bad price at all.

I do see some might complain a bit about it, but frankly its just 10 bucks more per year. That's like one meal at a resto less for most people! :)

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

It's not much, but they should be decreasing the price, not increasing it unless they are offering something more. Why should we have to pay more for the same experience (other then them bumping up the voice chat to higher quality here soon) give us something that would justify the increase and that's different.

5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I agree with Soul. They should be decreasing the # if anything instead of increasing it by $10. Either way, I'm likely to never pay that full retail price anyways so I could care less.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I jumped on the $39.99 deal when it was offered to me at the beginning of July. They offered it on the dashboard to me cause my subscription was up in a week or so. Well about a week ago they finally charged my card and charged me $49.99. I am still waiting to have the charged fixed. The person I talked to on the phone said it would be but I was rather annoyed.

Hopefully everyone ordering now has better results than I did

7. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

People still pay to play on a laggy P2P network in 2010?

8. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

We have a lot of money here in America.

9. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

You could always get a PS3 you know ;)

10. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

I personally think there is a reason for the price hike, even though we do not know what it is yet.

I have faith :)

...blind faith...

but faith non the less

11. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Well that and

I almost never get lag when playing XBL but then again I mostly play with people I know.

12. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they might be increasing this due to the Kinect coming out and they are looking at making some more money off people.

I also rarely have lag when playing online on my 360 unless I'm playing with people from the other side of the world. I've had a PS3 and the online play was a huge reason I went back to 360.

NYCHitman1 and Aiyan like this.
  13. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

As someone said sometime ago: If you want blu-ray player and exlusives you dont get usual on PC/x360, you go for PS3 easily. If you're multiplayer, you go for x360. If you got loads of people always around your house, you go for Wii.

Of course its not correct, but all in all it does reflect that the online experience on x360 is way better then every other console out there. Only thing that crush online gaming on xbox is PC. But this is something we EXPECT since we pay for it and of course, it will eat PS3/Wii online experience to breakfeast.

Off-topic: I wonder the same mate - I'm bit horryfied seeing mgilles as a guide, but we will see how it works out. Maybe he actually is better on his phone technology rather then gaming itself.

14. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I never get kicked off XBL, but I get kick off PSN mid-game all the time. It's not my network because I still have full internet access. It's PSN signing me off randomly for no reason at all.

I just bought a 49.99 12+1 month card even though I still have 9 1/2 months on my current subscription. Thank goodness the subscriptions are stackable.

I thought about taking the 39.99 deal, but I refuse to give them my credit card. I have talked to many people (friends included) who have said that trying to remove (delete) credit card info from your account is harder than walking on water.

Kratos

15. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator This Topic's Starter

They also make it really difficult to cancel your subscription once they have your details, which has always bugged me.

---

Ok guys, we get it. This thread wasn't supposed to degrade into a 360 vs. PS3 argument; there's enough of them on the internet already.

Please quit it.

Aiyan, NYCHitman1 and Jeted like this.
  16. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

im going to snatch the 39.99 deal for sure. even though im not up until feb

17. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

to be honest i'm not really fussed about the price increases as my subs are paid up for another 3 years but even so i'd gladly pay the increased prices for the service i receive. i have not suffered a dropped game in about 18 months and i'm a pretty heavy user over live.

Aiyan likes this.
  18. MikeSeventeen

MikeSeventeen Member

Seems to me like Microsoft are very keen right now to lock gamers into their platform with deals on cheaper subs. Not surprising considering the mass PS3 exodus that's been happening for a while.

I would love to see how many people have renewed Xbox Live subs this week after hearing about the price increase. Seems a very crafty way to lock people in.

19. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Neh, talked with my friends about the change of price.

Their answer: Meh, we get our 12 months live from US anyway, cheaper then Norway.

So conclusion for us in Norway, even with the price changes its still below what we pay in Norway from before. I'm having more non-chalant thinking about the price jump, but then again thats me.