1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox live widget or app?

Last Updated:

1. scarlet_pimp

scarlet_pimp Active Member This Topic's Starter

Since open spark doesn't work anymore are there any other xbox live apps available?
    Will there ever be another app since live is a key component of win 7 mobile maybe ms have stopped the apps working for a reason?

Advertisement
  2. Wifi-Naught Odin

Wifi-Naught Odin Well-Known Member

That's what I'd like to know! Not only doesn't Open Spark work anymore, it's GONE, totally wiped from the marketplace and the web. Like it never existed :eek:

Maybe ms is waging a 'salting of the earth' campaign against every Live alternative to their own win mob 7.

That's bullshit. Not only do we pay for internet, we pay for Live. As a customer, I'm only interested in improvements and enhancements not "feature-removal" to synthetically promote products I'd never buy :mad:

3. jdugan26

jdugan26 Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing, im actually a little upset that's how I talk to my buddies since they dont check their phone when they're playing lol...

4. MannyMel

MannyMel Active Member

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

I dont know about open spark but i doubt MS had anything to do with it. What I do know is that MS upgraded xbox.com so alot of the apps didn't work with the new layout so the developer may not of wanted to or still hasn't updated their app to work with the new layout.

I use 360 Live (i think it cost me $1.99) and haven't had an issue with it, I also used it back when I had my iphone so I wasn't worried about them stealing my info and the developer updated the app a few days after the xbox.com upgrade so it still works great.

5. Wifi-Naught Odin

Wifi-Naught Odin Well-Known Member

so 360 live works with the new x-live?

6. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Well-Known Member

7. FoRBaGR

FoRBaGR New Member

I totally agree. Open Spark was perfect for the quick hit. I don't use the LIVE window that much, but I can't even work on the internet on Android because of the Microsoft Silverlight not being able to be downloaded or work in the Android or Opera browsers. Any free apps that anyone knows of?

8. bru4242

bru4242 New Member

I'm also interested in a free app that offers Friend status and messaging capabilities. 1337pwn comes up on AppBrain with a good rating, anyone use this?

9. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

I just downloaded xbox live statistics yesterday and I think you can message with it. It's free too.

10. Whiteicedmstech

Whiteicedmstech Well-Known Member

I have been using this app for a few days and yes, you can send messages and check messages, profiles and what not. It can be a little slow at times, but it is pretty good for the most part.

And it has a friends list widget too.

Whiteice

11. deathclutch

deathclutch Well-Known Member

i believe open spark may have changed its name? a few weeks ago i downloaded spark 360, which is much like 360 live... I haven't used 360 live but looking at the pictures it looks similar... if not maybe better then spark 360

12. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I use "xbox live avatar widget" and "xbox live stats widget" apps, neither needs any kind of login (avoid those xbox apps that asks for login), so I can see when my father is online and I can join him.

Spark 360 is still there.