• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root XDA site down?

Thanks, for the quick response. I am dying to download the new version of SRE. I woke up and went to the site and cannot access. Can you post the link for Twitter? Thanks

I posted a link to last nights version of sre1.3. Check the thread here above where someone asks for it. Be advised, though I am using it right now, I DO NOT KNOW if it has been updated.... I can only stress that this is the link to what i got last night.....

http://www.ponack.net/designgears/SREv1.3.zip

Upvote 0
Is that version 1.2.3 ? If so I have and can upload it real quick. I downloaded it from there yesterday but have not had time to mess with it yet.

Version 1.3, NOT 1.2.3a, is from late last night, and that's the link I posted. Should work with JF6/JH2/JH3/JH7

BACKUP!! BACKUP!! BACKUP!!!

Remove ext-sdcard, if you have one

Odin 1 click to stock JF6

Odin 3.1 to JH7 (or whatever firmware you prefer)

rename downloaded file update.zip and put in root directory (/sdcard)

reboot to recovery and choose "reinstall packages"

When all done, rename or delete the update.zip you just used, so you don't have a problem with Rom Manager/Clockwork

*for lagfix, go to new SL4A and pick ext2 or 4*

DONE!! Enjoy!!

Upvote 0
I thought he was updating it with Unhelpfuls kernal with Voodoo lagfix. That is what I was interested in, I am already running 1.2.3. I always back up everything. I am sick of flashing with Odin so this time after I flash with Odin I am going to root then install Rom Manager pro and do a Nandroid backup so that I can make the flashing to stock quicker and not need the pc connection. Then I will flash the updated SRE.

Upvote 0
I managed to snatch up the SRE 1.3 late night/early morning while XDA was up for an hour or so.

I'm running this with JH7 and so far:

I'm not sure how to tell if or how much it is over clocked. I did not restore set cpu from TB when I did the restore- I read the over clock is not built in and you don't need set cpu.... anyone know if this is correct?

The add blocking is not working

The SD card must be in the (for me anyways) to apply the lag fix. I used EXT2.

Upvote 0
I managed to snatch up the SRE 1.3 late night/early morning while XDA was up for an hour or so.

I'm running this with JH7 and so far:

I'm not sure how to tell if or how much it is over clocked. I did not restore set cpu from TB when I did the restore- I read the over clock is not built in and you don't need set cpu.... anyone know if this is correct?

The add blocking is not working

The SD card must be in the (for me anyways) to apply the lag fix. I used EXT2.

DG said a while back that ext4 has less FC issues because of how the files are written during the lagix. I have used both and I prefer ext4, no FC issues that I had with ext 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones