xda website down?

Last Updated:

1. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

has anybody else had trouble getting the xda website to load this morning? i've been trying all morning and it just won't come up. every other site i've been to this morning is working fine. anybody know if the site is down? (@0943 Central Time)

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Yes, it is down here too. Too bad because I was doing a bunch of research on rooting there. ;)

I am sure it will be back up soon enough. We just have to be patient. :)

3. ck4794

damn. cause it seems like every link on this site to download something sends you to xda. i've been debating giving another rom a try. i like fresh, but i'm not in love with it. i just can't find that one to really do it for me.

4. LBPHeretic

I am still unrooted at this point. I am leaning towards trying CyanogenMod 6 when I do finally root my Sprint HTC Hero.

My friend has that ROM on his and he seems to really like it. I saw it in action a couples time over the last week and it is pretty slick.

5. ck4794

slick it is, i've tried that one too, but again i can't seem to find one i want to commit to. but either way ya rooting is awesome.

6. LBPHeretic

I suppose that is part of the allure of rooting. You always have something new to try out in terms of a ROM.

I agree though, I would like to probably eventually settle on a ROM that I like and stick with it. Constantly jumping around on ROMs and redoing settings could get old.

7. ck4794

well there's solutions to that, such as titanium back up, and.... well i can't think of any others cause that's what i use but i know they're out there

8. LBPHeretic

So does Titanium Backup let you backup settings and apps between ROMs too? I would think if the settings are incompatible it would cause issues.

If it truly does backup all of that stuff and does not cause problems, that would be great. I will have to check it out.

9. ck4794

hasn't caused issue for me yet. you do have to download the program again between roms, but then it takes care of itself. and you can individually backup/restore apps/settings or you can do batches.

LBPHeretic likes this.
  10. LBPHeretic

That is really awesome if it works like a charm between even say a Froyo and Eclair based ROM. I will definitely check that out.

Thanks for the information. I had been meaning to ask someone about Titanium Backup anyway, but had forgotten until your post.

11. ck4794

happy to help :)

12. llchromell

llchromell Member

XDA is back up as of 8:45PM EST