• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XE loses data connection, but signal still appears

JoeySeaside

Lurker
May 31, 2013
Hi all,

I have an annoying issue with my HTC Sensation XE. Every five days or so it appears that my data connection is still active (i.e. I have the "H" or "3G" icons active), but when I browse or use FB I get network errors, unable to connect. The wi-fi connection works OK when this happens.

In order to fix this, I have to turn off the phone and remove the SIM card. Then order is finally restored. My friend, who is on the same carrier but using a Samsung Galaxy, doesn't have this issue...

Any advice?

Cheers.

I have been having a similar issue for a couple of months now. I have a feeling it might be an issue with my SIM though, as it only started after I transferred my number to a new network (the sim was working fine on its original number before I ported.)

It happens about 4 or 5 times a day, there's usually a 3G icon with a lit "uploading" arrow but the "downloading" arrow is still greyed out, and no data comes through - pages and videos don't load, etc.

Sometimes it fixes itself after a minute or two, suddenly jumping from 3G to H and the downloading starts again, but not always, sometimes there's no downloading even with the H icon, and sometimes I get so frustrated waiting that I have to either disable and re-enable the mobile data nework, or reboot the whole damn phone.

Is this anything like what you are getting?

I have a new SIM on the way so I'll transfer the number again and give it a try.

Upvote 0
I've had this problem with my Senation XE for the last 6 months or so (on T-Moblie) and i've had the phone replaced by HTC (due to a different problem) and still the problem exists. I normally have to reboot my phone to resolve the issue and it happens about 3 times a day sometimes a lot more. I also used to have a similar issue with my old Desire phone (again with T-Mobile), so when my renewal is due next month it will probably be a Samsung and definitely not a HTC phone seeing as my Sensation has been in for repair 5 times and still having problems with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones