1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

xm radio

Last Updated:

1. 02stampede

02stampede Member This Topic's Starter

Why hasn't someone created this app for android yet? This is the only reason I still have my ipod.

Advertisement
  2. Evo-over-iwhat

Evo-over-iwhat New Member

3. 02stampede

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

How much is it after your trial period? Not going to give them the info they want to find out.

5. f1nzup

f1nzup Member

FYI, it is not yet compatable with Froyo. :mad:

6. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I have Froyo on my Droid X and it works fine...but you are right, some Froyo phones it doesn't work on. I had 2.2 on my Droid and it wouldn't work so I think its hit or miss but as for right now its playing on the X and 2.2 fine.

7. alnova1

I think its $13.99 or close to that...

8. 02stampede

Hmm, I was just about to reply my thoughts on this app after using it this morning. I am running bugless beast V0.4 which is 2.2. It would run for a few minutes and then goes into a 30 second loop and eventually give an error saying data connection lost. I know it's not my connection because I can wireless tether to my ipod all day without a hiccup. Is my android version not compatible with this app? I just bought a droid x off ebay last night. Will the xm app work for the X? Im assuming the app is in developmental stages still since it's version 1.0.0. Either way it's a step in the right direction and hopefully I can get rid of the ipod completely.

9. 02stampede

That sucks, it's free on apple and works better so far for me. If they make it more reliable I would pay for it though..

10. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

That's for an actual radio. You just need a premium online subscription which costs like $4/month I think.

11. alnova1

If you do not have a radio and want to have sirius just as a Internet radio its 13.99.

12. alnova1

Free??? The app is fre but the service costs ya...

13. alnova1

Yep...Thats what I was running on my Droid was BB 2.2 and it would loop but the X doesn't with 2.2...who knows

14. 02stampede

I see, I have the online subscription already so I don't need to purchase anything else?

15. alnova1

No...The app is free so if you the subscription your good to go..

16. 02stampede

Sorry, you posted so fast I didnt notice you answered my question already lol.

17. alnova1

No problem ;)

18. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

You sure about that? If you have a subscription, you just pay $4 extra. It's blocked here at work so I can't go on their site and look it up. Not saying you're wrong, but charging $13.99 a month just for internet radio seems insane to me.

19. alnova1

Yes if you already have a radio subscription its $4 but if are like me and don't have a radio just the internet its $13.99.

20. alnova1

Its $12.99..my bad

21. amerinamese

amerinamese Well-Known Member

It doesn't work on most phones with Froyo. It has something to do with "Stagefright" which is included in the Froyo update. You can turn "Stagefight" off if you are rooted, but I hear there may be problems doing that. If you go back to www.siriusxm.com/android you'll see they are working on an update to make it compatable with 2.2. You can sign up to have them email you when the update is ready to be downloaded.

22. 02stampede

Sweet, thanks. I signed up for the email notification. Gotta keep my Opie & Anthony fix going lol.

23. alnova1

Also if you have Wunderradio...which I love by the way, they fixed the problem with the Sirius part of their app and you can listen to it through their app as long as you have a subscription. I like Wunderradio better than the SiriusXM app because if your a Howard fan you can listen to him on their app but the Sirius app you can't.

24. drilljoy

drilljoy New Member

I called xm and asked for a credit for three months and got it. It's only a few bucks, but what the hey. Thanks Peggy from Bangalore!

25. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

Where's the $4/mo coming from? Premium Online Radio via Sirius is $2.99 (if you have a Radio Subscription), same as it's been since they started gouging their customers additional money for it.

AND, that 2.99 does NOT get you every channel (i.e. Howard Stern). When they first released the iPhone app I was on an iPhone and you can imagine the HORRIBLE reviews because of the channels they left out...

For those that DO pay that extra $3 and want to listen to all available channels, you should check out SiriusXMStreamer(SXS). It's a PC app that will setup streams using the Sirius website. To get it to stream directly to your phone you'll need one additional PC application. Their may be others, but Tversity or Orb can both transcode the WMA (Windows Mobile) stream into something our phone can listen too.

If/when someone comes out with a way to get WMA feeds streaming to the phone directly (aka mms://) that would eliminate the second PC program.

I use Tversity, SXSr. Setup the sirius streams created by SXS in the internet radio section, and then just connect to your tversity PC (You'll have to do some port forwarding, and know your PCs IP address, but that info is a bit out of scope here, Google will be your friend)