• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XM/Sirius Radio - Droid X?

Josh9121977

Jul 20, 2010
I'm new to the whole "android" experience; coming over from Sprint using a Palm Pre. Question: I have XM on my vehicle and I have unlimited internet usage on my Droid. If I download the XM radio app to my droid, is there a fee for usage for that app? I noticed it was not in the market.

Also, I've never purchased an app before in the market. Does that get billed to your phone account or can you have it directed to a credit card?

Thanks.

I'm new to the whole "android" experience; coming over from Sprint using a Palm Pre. Question: I have XM on my vehicle and I have unlimited internet usage on my Droid. If I download the XM radio app to my droid, is there a fee for usage for that app? I noticed it was not in the market.

Also, I've never purchased an app before in the market. Does that get billed to your phone account or can you have it directed to a credit card?

Thanks.

SiriusXm app service for Android is going to run you $2.99 a month since you already have service in your car.

IF you don't already have SiriusXm activated in your vehicle or home, the monthly price for the Android App jumps to $12.99 a month.
Howard Stern along with some of the live sports is not available in any of the streaming apps, including the Android app. Sniff :(

Reactions: Josh9121977
Upvote 0
You are just better off using Pandora and streaming your music that way.

As to things missing on the SiriusXM app that is what we get for how bad a contract they negotiate calling it a different form of broadcast.

Pandora, smandora.. not sure why pandora seems to be the most popular:(

try radio time or even yahoo music.;)
but radio time kicks major butt.;)

Upvote 0
I listen mostly to talk radio. I have XM in my car. Thought about paying the extra $3/month for the XM internet service, but I instead downloaded Radiotime ($3 on time charge). I find most of what I want to listen to using that app. For me it was well work $3. I also got it for my wife's phone and she uses it daily when taking walks or working outside.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones