• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xmarks/ Foxmarks

This is what I do, saved as a bookmark.

That is what I do also. I have xmarks as my default browser page. Every week or so, on my home pc, I sync up my bookmarks which allows my droid to get all the bookmarks I added.

The other nice thing I love about xmarks is that it keeps the bookmarks in the exact same order as I have them on my home pc (vs. in alpabetical order).

Upvote 0
I've developed an App called XmarkSync. It allows you to import your bookmarks by making use of the Xmarks folder sharing feature, so that you can specify which bookmarks to download. Unfortunately the Android browser does not yet support folders, so any folder structure will be lost.
Use builtin feedback mechanism to contact me.

Upvote 0
I've developed an App called XmarkSync. It allows you to import your bookmarks by making use of the Xmarks folder sharing feature, so that you can specify which bookmarks to download. Unfortunately the Android browser does not yet support folders, so any folder structure will be lost.
Use builtin feedback mechanism to contact me.

Can't find in the market, is it a paid app, in ireland by the way.

Also xmarks is going to be shut down so maybe better looking for alternate options

Upvote 0
Also xmarks is going to be shut down so maybe better looking for alternate options

Not so quick - looks as if XMarks could well be rescued, albeit as a (small) subscription service. Check out: Xmarks Blog

As someone who has used all sorts of bookmark managers over the years trust me, XMarks is the bees knees. It not only syncs across machines but also across browsers. I happily sync across IE, Firefox,and Chrome on both Windows and Linux boxes.

Forgot the rest and get the best! ...and if you want to support the campaign to retain XMarks go to here: 'I will commit to $10 - $20 per year for Xmarks Sync' - PledgeBank.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones