1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Xmarks/ Foxmarks

Last Updated:

1. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use this plugin to store and synchronise my bookmarks across different computers I use and it's indispensable for me.

Does anybody know if there will be an Android app to support it in the nea future?

Advertisement
  2. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

When Fennec (Firefox Mobile) comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if it will have Xmarks at launch.

3. LEP

LEP Member

I agree. I love Foxmarks as I have 2 home and a work pc that I use it with. It will be good once/if it comes on the android market.

4. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Of course, if you have an Xmarks account, you can log in to your Xmarks account in the browser and you'll get a mobile web version of the page.

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

6. Smhemi

Smhemi Member

7. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

This is what I do, saved as a bookmark.

8. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

9. mike_cardwell

mike_cardwell New Member

There's an app on the Google Marketplace now called XMarksDown. It's completely unofficial. It's not a full sync app but it has the most important functionality IMO. It downloads all of your bookmarks from your XMarks account and stores them on your phone. It replaces any currently existing bookmarks that you have.

10. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Man, I just keep learning about great stuff on this site. Dropbox a couple days ago, now Xmarks.

You guys rock. :D

11. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Hi:

I just set my.xmarks.com as my home page in Dolphin and while it would be great to have an Android app to sync from my Moment, it's find being able to sync between work and home via Firefox. It would be really tedious having to recreate an already complicated bookmarks set.

Xmarks is great.

Tom

12. dmaul3300

dmaul3300 Well-Known Member

That is what I do also. I have xmarks as my default browser page. Every week or so, on my home pc, I sync up my bookmarks which allows my droid to get all the bookmarks I added.

The other nice thing I love about xmarks is that it keeps the bookmarks in the exact same order as I have them on my home pc (vs. in alpabetical order).

13. debueb

debueb New Member

I've developed an App called XmarkSync. It allows you to import your bookmarks by making use of the Xmarks folder sharing feature, so that you can specify which bookmarks to download. Unfortunately the Android browser does not yet support folders, so any folder structure will be lost.
    Use builtin feedback mechanism to contact me.

14. o.maille

o.maille Member

Can't find in the market, is it a paid app, in ireland by the way.

Also xmarks is going to be shut down so maybe better looking for alternate options

15. Tradewind25

Tradewind25 New Member

Not so quick - looks as if XMarks could well be rescued, albeit as a (small) subscription service. Check out: Xmarks Blog

As someone who has used all sorts of bookmark managers over the years trust me, XMarks is the bees knees. It not only syncs across machines but also across browsers. I happily sync across IE, Firefox,and Chrome on both Windows and Linux boxes.

Forgot the rest and get the best! ...and if you want to support the campaign to retain XMarks go to here: 'I will commit to $10 - $20 per year for Xmarks Sync' - PledgeBank.

16. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

There is a free alternative that does just about the same thing. It's called GMarks and it syncs with Google Bookmarks. There is also an app for Android. I've been using it ever since I was notified about Xmarks closing down.