• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root XML editor and theme ideas

reppard

Android Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2011
I've figured out how to make some cosmetic changes by modifying the framework-res apk package. The first few times I tried android freaked out and force closed alot of processes but I've found away around that. Now I would like some theme ideas and if anyone could suggest a good XML editor that will run in Linux that would be great. Nano and emacs both display crazy characters when viewing the XML files. Thank you!

I've figured out how to make some cosmetic changes by modifying the framework-res apk package. The first few times I tried android freaked out and force closed alot of processes but I've found away around that. Now I would like some theme ideas and if anyone could suggest a good XML editor that will run in Linux that would be great. Nano and emacs both display crazy characters when viewing the XML files. Thank you!

Look around for UltraEdit

Reactions: reppard
Upvote 0
Your probably getting force closes because of signature errors. Also your going at this the long crazy way I think. If you want to be able to read the xml files in human readable language (so technical right :D ) use apk manager it will decompile the apk. And then open the apk up in notepad++ ( if you don't have this get it from sourceforge) Also one thing you need to also look at is .9 pngs.

Upvote 0
Well I could have just updated my post but the hell with it I'm feeling gangsta :D anyways I'm working on a sense espresso theme for the m. They've already got all the widgets and launchers (actually I think that it would be better then sense in the end) and if this sounds like something you wanna be apart of shoot me a pm. Skill with a photo editor is a must or you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones