Xoom Essential Apps

Last Updated: 2011-09-05 19:35:05
  1. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

Lookout doesn't work

It installs and loads up fine but if I try to locate my xoom through their webpage I get error connecting issues

Advertisement
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

instead of lookout (which i told from a user it was working) try mobile defense.. which is what i use on the evo...
  3. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

I use to use that on my incredible and when I installed it on my xoom I can't get it to connect with my xoom did you have any luck?
  4. AndroidId

AndroidId New Member

Best app AndroXplorer v.3
  5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

If you can't find it on the market it doesn't work. I tried looking for it but no result.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i have yet to install any location apps at the moment, however there are still apps in the market you can install if they do not show up. if you install gears, it should let you install most anything. others have used the gears app to install.
  7. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

Is there a Facebook app for the Xoom or is Facebook treating it the same as the iPad? Its a "computer" so you can use a browser to go to Facebook. If that's the case I wonder if Friendly will make its way to the Xoom?
  8. motoblur96

motoblur96 Member

The myverizon app has a widget for that.
  9. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

3G Watchdog is better. Sideload it.
  10. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

I ended up finding a good location app in the market it works great its called seekdroid its only 99 cents but man it is well worth it great features
  11. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

12. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

It has to be side loaded you won't find it in the market
  13. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

I know. I can not find outside market. All links do not have apk.
  14. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

Try searching on 4shared
    gobluejd likes this.
  15. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Member

Firefox Mobile.
  16. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I know the widget is preferable, but you can also go to the VZW website from the XOOM browser, login, and check your data usage. Works fine, I have tried it several times. More time consuming I realize, but it is an alternative ...
  17. Maddingo

Maddingo Well-Known Member

Whenever I click on a profile in Tweetdeck it switches to portrait view. Very annoying.
  18. dbajonathan

dbajonathan Member

i can not find lookout on the market on my xoom but find it just fine on my phone... I don't know what I am doing wrong
  19. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

The reason why you're having trouble finding Lookout in the market on the Xoom is due to the fact that the Xoom doesn't support SMS messages.Lookout relies on SMS messages to initiate a connection to a device in the event it's lost, stolen, etc. Without the ability to receive SMS messages the missing device features would be greatly hindered, HOWEVER, device based backups and malware protection would work normally.

If you want to download Lookout to your Xoom you can head on over to getjar.com and install it through there: Download Lookout Mobile Security with Antivirus for Mobile

If you choose a device that isn't supported choose another until you are able to download Lookout to your device.

I've been running Lookout for a week. Runs fine.
    N4CER likes this.
  20. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

Tango video calls just got updated for the xoom so I must recommend that
  21. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

I tried the tango app and it looked good on my side but my wife said that my image on her iPhone was upside down. This will need to be fixed and I wish they would add landscape support for the xoom.
  22. mistamista2000

mistamista2000 Well-Known Member

I saw that also while testing it out at work. You would think that they would have noticed something so simple when testing. I also can't verify my account since they send a text message in order to do so and the XOOM can't recieve them.

The video does appear to be a lot less pixelated than when using Fring.
  23. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

It does. Just wish they would fix this stuff. Really just need a good app to video call between different platforms. Alsowaiting for an app called vtok on my wife's iPhone to be updated so that she can use gtalk.
  24. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

This is what I did to sideload it, I downloaded it on my Rooted OG Droid, used Root Explorer to copy the apk, and sideloaded it to my Xoom. If you dont have the means to get the apk I still have it on my desktop, LMK if you want it.
  25. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Thought I'd share this, since it doesn't seem anyone has posted this.

System Panel. The best management/task app in the market as it's far more advance than a simple task killer. The app has been optimized for the Xoom and the developer is a memeber here with a support thread. What I like about this app is that not only does it allow you to kill apps, it allow you to find the problematic app that is using up too much CPU process and eating your battery. It graphs the app against total usage and for a certain duration for easy comparison. The app is only $2.99 for the full version but you can try the free lite version :)