Xoom won't chargeSupport

1. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

I am totally freaking out right now. My xoom will not charge, I've tried multiple outlets and it isn't working. I got in launch day so I'm pretty sure the return policy window is closed. I didn't buy insurance either, so now I have an 800 dollar paperweight. Motorola sucks, sweet flimsy proprietary port! Does anyone know how long the manufacture warranty is for? I think that's my only hope

Advertisement
    :
  2. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

There's been multiple reports of faulty chargers. Take a breath. It might be as simple as replacing the $25 charger. Still sucks, but might not be a huge deal. Just stop by a Verizon location and see if it charges.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yes im sure its the adapter. walk into verizon they should just swap it out. its just a few days past the 30 day... the xoom is fine.. just the adapter... ive seen a few posts about this.. thats why i have two plus a car charger...
  4. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

Xoom has a 1 yr manufacture warranty.
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

I went to VZW store during my lunch break, they confirmed that the charger was bad. I got a new one under warranty, so far so good.
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Good deals.
  7. TPadden

TPadden Member

.... add me to the list. Overnight on the charger the Xoom dropped to 29% and won't charge. :(

No panic just not happy.

Follow up: the weak point sems to be the folding plug. When I jiggle it just right I can get a charge.