• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

xperia active remove camera

filotov

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
Has anyone tried to remove the camera on the xperia active or has anyone seen a teardown of the xperia active? Is there a way of removing the camera without affecting the waterproofing? I am asking because I cannot have a camera in the phone for work, but would like to have a rugged droid.

I would imagine that you could remove the sensors without removing the camera's housing to preserve the waterproofing. But I'd be surprised if a company that doesn't allow cellphones with cameras would allow a smartphone that has no camera. Especially an android because they can act as a flash drive just as easily as any thumb drive.

As for a tear down, I have no idea. I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything for the Xperia Active. But I'd imagine that it'd be similar to one of the other Xperias. XDA groups it with the Xperia Mini, so maybe looking for that would yield better results?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones