Xperia Arc backup and restore and Android OS update questions?Support

1. therealjohn1

therealjohn1 New Member

Hello.

I live in Ontario Canada and I have the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc from Rogers Wireless and I have had it since Saturday, May 21, 2011 and it works great... I have had no problems on it yet and everything works good on it and I have lots of apps on it.

So... I have not yet updated the phone's OS yet... it is still running Android 2.3.2 and I want to do the Update to Android 2.3.3 and I want to do the official update with out rooting or hacking the phone at all.

I am going to do the update using Sony Ericsson's PC Companion Software for Windows BUT...

I need to know can you back up the apps and games on the phone with the PC Companion software or do I have to use a back up and restore app on my phone and back every thing up to the MicroSD card?

When I run the update from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3... Does it erase every thing on the internal memory?

Also when I backup the apps and games will it backup the data from the apps and games? Like will it backup the saved game data so I can continue at the same level after the Android OS update? If not is there a way I can find and back that data up myself? Where is the data from apps saved and where is the game progress saved from games?

Thank You for your time to read this and Please help me with any of the questions above if you can and if there is anything else you think I should know... Please let me know?

Advertisement
    :
  2. therealjohn1

therealjohn1 New Member

3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Basically, yes it will delete all of the user data from the phone. You would be best to backup any applications using the likes of Astro File manager from the Market to ensure that this works correctly. Unfortunately I am not aware of a stable way of backing up the gamestate/save at this stage unless you are playing a game that is tied to a Facebook account like Eternity Warriors etc. Hope that helps :)