Xperia Arc memory card mounting issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Kneller

Kneller New Member

Hi guys, it's my first post on here and just looking for some advice from people who may have had the same problem.

My Arc has all of a sudden stopped recognising my memory card, and simply states "SD Card unmounted or not present". I've tried going into "Settings>Storage>Mount SD card", but that option is greyed out so I can't select that.

I've tried several memory cards in the phone and all have the same problem, so it's obviously a problem with the phone's card reader.

I've done a full reset and it didn't make any difference. I've also contacted my service provider in the UK (Orange) and they've told me that the phone is out of their warranty period so there's nothing they can do without charging me

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

3. nmqpifo

nmqpifo New Member

Josh,

I am having exactly the same problem, although mine is an Xperia Ray.

Did you have any luck solving your problem?

It seems that sony phone have issues with card readers...

My phone is not under warranty either, so I am thinking of just buying another Ray as it is not too expensive and to get my fixed it would be almost the same price, not to mention the bother to send it away to be fixed.

Cheers
    Luis
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

nmqpifo, have you tried to run an update as I recommend above?
  5. Bigdai

Bigdai New Member

Whilst the Orange warranty may have expired, I seem to remember that Xperia Arc shipped with a 2 year Sony warranty. Contact them directly