1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Xperia connects to WiFi fine but cannot connect to my laptop

1. Miccosoft

Miccosoft New Member

My Xperia connects very well to WiFi and works fine. The problem is that after connecting WiFi I try to connect my phone to my laptop in the same network (Setup -> Sony Ericsson -> Connectivity / Trusted devices for media transfer) it just holds there. My Xperia shows text "Connecting" and laptop shows "Wait". PC-Companion is on and I can see my laptop name but when I try to connect it to my phone it just would not work. I just holds there. I am pretty desperate at the moment...

Micco

Advertisement
  2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, are you trying to connect the phone to the PC via USB or Bluetooth? And also have you tried connecting the phone to the PC first and then to the Wi-Fi net?