Xperia Play Frozen! ( what do I do?! )Support

1. sufy1000

sufy1000 Active Member

Hi there. I was playing Super Mario world on a emulator and suddenly the phone locked up and froze. The screen went black!

My phone won't turn on now!

What has happened? :(

I'm running Android 2.3.4

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. suvalle55

suvalle55 Member

same thing happened to mine, i had to get it replaced through my warranty, so its all good
    sufy1000 likes this.
  3. XperiaTACO4G

XperiaTACO4G Well-Known Member

What emulator was it? Have you tried taking out the battery?
    sufy1000 likes this.
  4. Duke 505

Duke 505 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Hardware problem. Ive heard a few people having problems with the cpu so that could be it
    sufy1000 likes this.
  5. XperiaTACO4G

XperiaTACO4G Well-Known Member

How long have you had the phone sufy1000?
    sufy1000 likes this.
  6. sufy1000

sufy1000 Active Member

Hi there thanks for the replies. I've had the phone for about a month now.

I'm using Snes ad.

Thanks
  7. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

Hi help me please!!!!my experia play stoped working than i instaled from android market app freezing program...i freezed some app files and after that my experia turning on stil i can see sony ericson and after 1 sec turning of it self ,not loading!!!!!!!!please help mabye somebody know how to fix this problem????
  8. ak47m203

ak47m203 Well-Known Member

take out your battery and sim card and put it nack then go to.....
    setting= privacy-setting reset. tell me if it works.
    sufy1000 likes this.
  9. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

still not working not loading....coming sony ericson amblem and disapearing it self and again coming and disapearing if i want to stop it i need to turn of my batery....
  10. ak47m203

do you have enough battery. if not plug it.
  11. ak47m203

maybe you need a pc companion...

Sony Ericsson XPERIA PLAY hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/sonye...hard_reset_the_sony_ericsson_xperia_play.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwbwkBGBWE
    sufy1000 likes this.
  12. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

Still not working...i cant do this tutorials!!!!because my phone on and loging still sony ericson logotip ,and restarting it self and i cant stop restarting,if i want stop i need to take of batery!!!!
    sufy1000 likes this.
  13. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

i cant do this tutorials,because my phone loading just still ericson logotip and restarting by self,if i want to stop resarting i need to take of batery.....
  14. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Your phone is boot looping, you were too aggressive in removing stuff...

turn your phone off, and try holding down the back button as you plug in your phone... If the led is green, goto wotanserver.com, choose the firmware appropriate for your phone, and it'll do a painless flash... You will lose all type data, though...
    sufy1000 likes this.
  15. TheGuitarBoss

TheGuitarBoss Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought this but wasn't sure about it though
  16. ak47m203

did you ever connect it to your computer via usb? maybe you deleted your OS, is that possible?.
    sufy1000 likes this.
  17. paxchristos

Deleting the os takes malicious talent... The important stuff is on a locked, protected partition... I've been trying to figure our how to get to it for a little time now, but so far no luck :p
    sufy1000 likes this.
  18. ak47m203

Actually there two are members we are responding here. The supermario guy and the one who used some freezing apps.
    sufy1000 likes this.
  19. sufy1000

sufy1000 Active Member

So there's no problem if my phone freezes and I take the battery out and put it back in again and the phone starts working ? Do I need to hard reset or anything ?

Can this happen if my phone memory is low ? I have 88 MB free.

And If I keep doing this will the phone eventually mess up ?
  20. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

can u u give me tutorial how to do this flash....
  21. paxchristos

1) turn off phone
    2) hold back button as you plug in your phone
    IF THE LED IS GREEN: continue
    IF THE LED IS NOT GREEN: congrats, you have a paperweight...
    3) go here: http://www.wotanserver.com/en/page/tutorial-debranding-flash-sony-ericsson

Read what they say to do, download, install the drivers, and then download and run the client
    4) turn off phone
    5) when the wotan client program tells you to plug in your phone, hold the back button as before such that the led turns green
    6) chose applicable language and firmware version...
    7) phone works!!!
    sufy1000 likes this.
  22. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

the led is not green no light on led,and i cant plug to pc because my phone restarting itself i cant stop this imposible to conect with pc.maybe u know garanty fixing this problem???????
    sufy1000 likes this.
  23. paxchristos

Pull the battery. it'll stop booting.
    You'll want to have the phone completely off before you plug it in (i.e. Pull battery, wait 30 seconds, put battery back in, DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON, hold down the back button, while holding the back button plug in the usb cable connected to your computer. The led should turn green.)
  24. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

thank u very much !!!!!!!!!!!working!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d;)
  25. PAVOJUS

PAVOJUS Member

thank u very much !!!!!!!!!!!working!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d