• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Play Frozen! ( what do I do?! )

Hi there. I was playing Super Mario world on a emulator and suddenly the phone locked up and froze. The screen went black!

My phone won't turn on now!

What has happened? :(

I'm running Android 2.3.4

Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like a Hardware problem. Ive heard a few people having problems with the cpu so that could be it

Reactions: sufy1000
Upvote 0
Hi help me please!!!!my experia play stoped working than i instaled from android market app freezing program...i freezed some app files and after that my experia turning on stil i can see sony ericson and after 1 sec turning of it self ,not loading!!!!!!!!please help mabye somebody know how to fix this problem????

Upvote 0
maybe you need a pc companion...

Sony Ericsson XPERIA PLAY hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/sonye...hard_reset_the_sony_ericsson_xperia_play.html

If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:

1. Turn the power off. If your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwbwkBGBWE

Upvote 0
i cant do this tutorials,because my phone loading just still ericson logotip and restarting by self,if i want to stop resarting i need to take of batery.....
Your phone is boot looping, you were too aggressive in removing stuff...

turn your phone off, and try holding down the back button as you plug in your phone... If the led is green, goto wotanserver.com, choose the firmware appropriate for your phone, and it'll do a painless flash... You will lose all type data, though...

Upvote 0
Your phone is boot looping, you were too aggressive in removing stuff...

turn your phone off, and try holding down the back button as you plug in your phone... If the led is green, goto wotanserver.com, choose the firmware appropriate for your phone, and it'll do a painless flash... You will lose all type data, though...

Yeah I thought this but wasn't sure about it though

Upvote 0
your phone is boot looping, you were too aggressive in removing stuff...

Turn your phone off, and try holding down the back button as you plug in your phone... If the led is green, goto wotanserver.com, choose the firmware appropriate for your phone, and it'll do a painless flash... You will lose all type data, though...

can u u give me tutorial how to do this flash....

Upvote 0
can u u give me tutorial how to do this flash....
1) turn off phone
2) hold back button as you plug in your phone
IF THE LED IS GREEN: continue
IF THE LED IS NOT GREEN: congrats, you have a paperweight...
3) go here: http://www.wotanserver.com/en/page/tutorial-debranding-flash-sony-ericsson

Read what they say to do, download, install the drivers, and then download and run the client
4) turn off phone
5) when the wotan client program tells you to plug in your phone, hold the back button as before such that the led turns green
6) chose applicable language and firmware version...
7) phone works!!!

Upvote 0
1) turn off phone
2) hold back button as you plug in your phone
if the led is green: Continue
if the led is not green: Congrats, you have a paperweight...
3) go here: Free Firmware Flashing & Debranding Sony Ericsson Tutorial | WotanServer.com

read what they say to do, download, install the drivers, and then download and run the client
4) turn off phone
5) when the wotan client program tells you to plug in your phone, hold the back button as before such that the led turns green
6) chose applicable language and firmware version...
7) phone works!!!

the led is not green no light on led,and i cant plug to pc because my phone restarting itself i cant stop this imposible to conect with pc.maybe u know garanty fixing this problem???????

Upvote 0
the led is not green no light on led,and i cant plug to pc because my phone restarting itself i cant stop this imposible to conect with pc.maybe u know garanty fixing this problem???????

Pull the battery. it'll stop booting.
You'll want to have the phone completely off before you plug it in (i.e. Pull battery, wait 30 seconds, put battery back in, DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON, hold down the back button, while holding the back button plug in the usb cable connected to your computer. The led should turn green.)

Upvote 0
Pull the battery. it'll stop booting.
You'll want to have the phone completely off before you plug it in (i.e. Pull battery, wait 30 seconds, put battery back in, DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON, hold down the back button, while holding the back button plug in the usb cable connected to your computer. The led should turn green.)

thank u very much !!!!!!!!!!!working!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones