• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xperia play icons disappearing after connecting via usb

morty696

Lurker
Dec 31, 2011
hello all, just wondering if anyone has a fix for this. Everytime i connect my xperia play via usb, some of the icons ive made on the home screen and other screens disappear, seems to happen to shortcuts ive made where the app is on the sdcard. its really annoying because everytime i unplug it ive gotta make new shortcuts to apps on the homescreen etc. ive got a 32gb microsd card btw, i dont know if thats the cause but maybe its causing an issue or something? its a class 4 card if that helps. I have the latest update/firmware from sony installed, but it still happens. Please somebody help get this sorted out :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Yes, the xperia neo drops random icons on the homescreen, that had been installed on the SD card, after connecting via USB to a PC or laptop. Here's a solution:
1. (simple) Install all the apps you often use on the internal memory card.
2. You could regroup all icons (even if saved on SD card) using an application called "simi folder". It's a customizable "folder widget" that even let's you choose an own folder image and change the widget and icon size. For some reason, this app doesn't drop the icons. Cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones