Xperia Play QUESTIONS? xDGeneral

1. WOG

WOG Member

Okay. I ordered an xperia play online, i am moving from iphone to android, (about time too). I have a question though. I know that cracking and using games is illegal, and i am not for it, but, i have heard the downloading through gameloft has caused issues and isn't very well supported, so i do have a couple question. What is the process of downloading to the xperia play? I know about transferring to the phone from the computer, and i understand that, but when i browsed online, just to see the average filesize for the games/apps, all the results were small files, (consisting of only a few MB). I don't understand what is wrong, i know that the file cannot be that small, I just dont know what is meant to happen.

With the information given, I have come to a conclusion, if I am wrong, somebody please correct me.

When you download the original apk, wether it be from the app market, the xperia play PS app, or the internet, do you in fact download the 'downloader' to the game? So you do download a small file, which when opened, you download the full proper file within??

Please clarify this for me, much appreciated.

Yours sincerely, Con.

Advertisement
  2. WOG

WOG Member

bump?
  3. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

yeah you should be able to, I got the secondary downloader with the rest of the files in N.O.V.A
  4. WOG

WOG Member

So you're saying that the files online, the apk files that are onyl like 1 or 2 mb, will open on the phone, then with that ill be able to download the games?
    hypothetically speaking, i COULD, right?
  5. 8-Bit-Soldier

yes if it's the full apk
  6. WOG

WOG Member

that is what im asking, how do i know if its the full apk? all i know about these files is the name of the file and that they are only 1-2mb. if it isnt the legitimate full apk, what is the worst that can happen? can it damage the phone and will i need to restore or something? or will it simply just not install?

(p.s, thank u for responding :) )
  7. 8-Bit-Soldier

oh haha, if it is the full apk it should start a download when you open the app. and if it isn't the full apk then just uninstall it. and btw no problem :)
    WOG likes this.
  8. WOG

WOG Member

haha, thank u :)
  9. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Recommend you buy FPse, it's a PS1 emulator which you can easily map your controller buttons to. You can run almost any PS1 game on there. You could also try out N64oid, which lets you play N64 games on your Play (only available on the SlideME market, free). Of course there's also Snesoid (SlideME, too) which lets you play SNES games.

I think this phone would be heaven for emulators :)
  10. WOG

WOG Member

Yes, I know about emulators, i have a SNES, GBA and PSX emulator on my iphone, but I know from experience that they lag and are slow/irresponsive, plus the noise is always choppy and distorted, beyond belief..

but with that being said, i have never tried it in an android OS, how does it run?
  11. WOG

WOG Member

also, what is the battery life like for u guys? is it terrible, or decent? how much gametime could you realistically get it?
  12. darkalchemyxex

darkalchemyxex Well-Known Member

the emulators on the xperia play run a bit far better than the iphone imo, since there is little to no processing power when having a mapped out keys on the screen. Batterylife is decent.
  13. Fossill

Fossill New Member

Hi, I would like to know how to install jar files on the sony xperia play, and where can i get, gen bios, seems genoid needs that file to operate lol.

please and thank you