Xperia play wifi annoying!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Nasar Khan

Nasar Khan Member

Hi, I'm new here!
    Hope this site gives a lot of insight into my android device:)

My Xperia play wifi does Not want to work at all. I have been using it since october last year and the wifi worked fine. But now if I turn it on, it doesnt scan for anything! No networks, routers, ANYTHING!

It also turns on a off automatically without me turning it off.

Please can someone help me:(

2. ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y Well-Known Member

Maybe u have a soft problem. Try to reflash system using .ftf file or seus. Maybe a wifi library in ur phone is broken
    Nasar Khan likes this.
  3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Nasar! Let me move this to the Xperia play sub forums. Maybe your fellow owners can provide more help.
    Nasar Khan likes this.
  4. Nasar Khan

Nasar Khan Member

The phone is completely stock form and has normal settings etc. what an how can I solve the problem? With an app??
  5. ch3mn3y

As flash i mean to use flashtool - officialy for x10 but work with all xperias. Than u need .ftf file with stock rom (here: Its easy, but u lose all user apps/data fter it (phone will be like it was in shop).
    U can use SEUS if flashtool is too hard. Seus is official repair app from SE/sony. .ftf file will be downloaded automatically.

Other possibility is to unlock bootloader and than boot custom kernel with custom wifi libs, but its harder and void warranty.
  6. Nasar Khan

Nasar Khan Member

Hi guys, could there be any other sort of ways to fix or repair it because my mac pc companion doesnt have the repair phone option
  7. ch3mn3y

8. Nasar Khan

Nasar Khan Member

Can rooting the phone repair the wifi issue?
  9. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

I have not come across a circumstance where this has helped. More often than not the main fix has been to update the firmware of the router.
  10. Nasar Khan

Nasar Khan Member

Someone has told me that downgrading software can be done but I have to flash the phone. I was also told that the wifi problem can be a hardware problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated
  11. crazymonkey5

crazymonkey5 New Member

You can try an app called fxr wifi fix on the market
  12. niravian

niravian New Member

hey, i made an acount just so i could get some help with this, i have the exact same problem. first the wifi has major problems connecting to networks then it just turns off. it cant see any networks and shuts of after its been turned on. i did a factory reset that fixed it, but it only fixed it for about a week :( i then rooted, unloked bootloader and flahed a custom kernal to the phone (dooMKernal v14). with this kernal u have to install a wifi module to make the wifi work. it went great for another 2 weeks then finaly it gave out again :( im stuck back at the begining now with no warranty!!!!! wish somone knew how to fix this. im currently contacting sony, if i end up fixing mine ill pass on the information to u.

sony really needs to learn how to make phones properly :banghead: