• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xperia Ray battery problem!

So I bought an Xperia ray last October, and the battery life back then was pretty amazing. I could last about one and a half days on moderate usage (music for an hour or so, texting, a little wifi here and there), and about seven hours playing games from 100% to about 15%. But after I updated it to .64 just last March (if I'm right that's the build number?), the battery would drain at about 10% per hour with me technically doing nothing (so imagine me having to make calls or texting). I then upgraded to ICS hoping for at least a little change and it did get a bit better, but my battery would drain at 6% per hour without me doing anything.

I tried factory reset but the battery still drains at 6% per hour or something.

I switched off the wifi/bluetooth/gps/data, my phone is on silent, and I put the network mode to GSM only.

does this happen to anyone else? Is there any way I can fix it?

Hi,

my Xperia ray worked perfectly for the first 6 months, after that I noticed huge battery drain. I changed the battery with a new one, larger capacity and it's the same. Over night, in 13 hours the battery drains to 15% although the phone is in idle state and wifi/gps/3g are all off, card unmounted, android version is the latest.
Looking at the battery stats, Cell standby and Phone idle are at 48%
I have reset the phone, reset to the factory settings, rewrote the software but it didn't help.
I'll next try to downgrade it to the factory version, android 2.3

ANy advice would be appreciated.
thanks,
Mihai

Upvote 0
Hi,

my Xperia ray worked perfectly for the first 6 months, after that I noticed huge battery drain. I changed the battery with a new one, larger capacity and it's the same. Over night, in 13 hours the battery drains to 15% although the phone is in idle state and wifi/gps/3g are all off, card unmounted, android version is the latest.
Looking at the battery stats, Cell standby and Phone idle are at 48%
I have reset the phone, reset to the factory settings, rewrote the software but it didn't help.
I'll next try to downgrade it to the factory version, android 2.3

ANy advice would be appreciated.
thanks,
Mihai
Hi,
Do you have any news about this problem ?
I have exactly the same ...
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones