• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root xperia s bricked?

autarko

Lurker
Jun 4, 2013
Hey I am a bit stumped, any help would be much appreciated.

I seem to be in a bootloop.

When I connect the LT26i and try to enter flash mode the LED stays green for 40 seconds before rebooting. I don't see anything on the screen.

Here's how I got into this mess: The touchscreen wasn't responding to touch so I used fastboot to unlock the phone and flashed a bootloader. Since doing this I am stuck not being able to boot. I can't even get the recovery console.

Hey I am a bit stumped, any help would be much appreciated.

I seem to be in a bootloop.

When I connect the LT26i and try to enter flash mode the LED stays green for 40 seconds before rebooting. I don't see anything on the screen.

Here's how I got into this mess: The touchscreen wasn't responding to touch so I used fastboot to unlock the phone and flashed a bootloader. Since doing this I am stuck not being able to boot. I can't even get the recovery console.

try PC Companion to restore the phone to how it was.
If it says it won't because it is rooted or tampered with, try flash a custom Kernel. for example, this one via fastboot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3pw6qldkx33ooi/kernel.elf

Once you have fastboot set up. (Guide here )

How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Once set up, go to the fastboot folder, Hold Shift - Right click- Open command prompt here.

Typed Fastboot flash boot kernel.elf

If that is correct, you may need to look up the command, it will tell you that it has flashed it. Once done, you can turn the phone on and mash Volume up to enter recovery. From here you can more than likely recover your phone.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones