1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Xperia: sensors don't respond. Need "activating".

1. Mickets

Mickets Member

Hi all,

Recently something weird started to happen with my Xperia X8: when on a phone call, I noticed that the proximity sensor wasn't working, and my cheek/ear would touch the screen and trigger the Mute and/or Voice Speaker buttons.

When testing the sensors using application Andro Sensor, it showed status "Waiting for event" for a number of sensors: proximity, motion, accelerometer, light.

I had also noticed that once in a while Tasker would report that "Accelerometer not found".

During one of these periods, I ran an application that actually uses these sensors, Smart Tools, to see if it would work. The app started and the tools and sensors worked.

Then, back in Andro Sensor, all sensors were working and data displayed.

So, it seems that for some reason the sensors "get stuck", and need to be activated.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Any ideas on how to fix it or circumvent it?

I'm thinking of programming Tasker to open an app or change some sensor state in intervals along the day, or maybe try to wake up the sensors when an incoming call arrives.

Thanks for any help.

Mickets

Advertisement
    :