Xperia speed dialingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jpom

jpom New Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to set dialer keys or numbers so I can speed dial contacts like the 1 is set for voicemail? Thnx Jay

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hi there I have moved your post to its own thread as you may get more answers that way.

I don't know about the numbers thing but I also use an app called MeContacts and you get a numerous pages of tiles, each tile being allocated to one contact with their contact picture displayed if you have it, if not you can add images if you want. You can set it up to dial/sms from there. You can name pages ie friends, family, work etc.

I also use an app called Gesture Search which you draw with your finger the first letter of your contact (you can add further letters to narrow it down) and then hit the green phone next to their number to dial.

Both are just a bit quicker than trolling through Phonebook, selecting your contact then selecting the number and then dial.

Hopefully others will chip in with other suggestions.

jpom likes this.
  3. Helenw

Helenw Member

As far as I know you can't. But what you can do is press the bottom left button then add (plus sign) and then add contact. That way you get the contacts as shortcuts on the home screen. That is better than nothing.

4. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

I know if you hold "1" for about a second it calls your voicemail. However, I do not have a voicemail and I get this message: "Missing voicemail number (next line) No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card" with the option to add a number.

This question was asked on this thread: http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/68489-quick-dial-x10.html and someone proposed to add dial shortcuts on your homepage. This could be another option.

5. FrankieGenius

FrankieGenius Member

This is what I do...

Hold down on the home page and select Direct Dial.
    Select the person that you want to use for direct dialing and then an icon will be placed on your homepage.
    Do this for all the contacts that you want to speed dial...(probably 8, but you could add as many as you like)
    Next, hold down on the home screen again and select folders - and then select new folder.
    Now you can drag all your Direct Dial icons into this folder so that they are all in one place and do not clutter your home page.
    Finally, rename your folder to Speed Dial or whatever you like.
    To do this open the folder and then hold the title bar for about a second or 2. A pop up box will appear which will allow you to rename the folder to whatever you desire.

I know it's not the same as speed dial, but it works the same (if not better because you have names rather than just a number) and you are not limited to the number of contacts that you can add....within reason obviously)

Cheers.

6. columod

columod New Member

there's an app called SpeedDial on the market which should give you what you want.

7. Tom866

Tom866 New Member

aTAKEphone app

8. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member

i love meContacts - so much easier when looking to call contacts and group texts.

9. sunny361

sunny361 New Member

10. collinsoh

collinsoh New Member

i do having problem. did you find solution?