xperia too smart!Support

Last Updated:

1. htc8p

htc8p Active Member

hi please need help on sony xperia z1. just bought it.

history: i have a hp touchpad running android.

xperia wants to install all the apps that i also have on the touchpad.

problem is I DONT WANT IT coz it is all my 5yo son's silly games. (i used my email add on the touchpad)

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Uninstall them and change the Play Store account. You can also turn off Sync for that particular account in Play.
  3. htc8p

htc8p Active Member

But it is my google account. Do I just remove my account from the Touchpad?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Try Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Untick the box next to Backup my Data on the touchpad.

I think that stops apps etc syncing to your account and redownloading themselves on to new devices. I have that checked and I never run in to the problem you're having and on any new devices I add my account to.

On initial setup of the Z1, there should also be an option to restore from Google Account, make sure that's unticked too.
  5. htc8p

htc8p Active Member

thanks! i just cancelled the downloads in the xperia. and it didnt attempt to dl again. so i guess thats done.

i found the first flaw with xperia yesterday. the sound is faulty. i always put it on max volume as the sound is already weak enough.

but i found out when i have incoming call sometimes it is strong sometimes it is weak.

i dont know if this is just faulty wiring or a big problem? do i send it it. it is barely a week old
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

What's your software version? Does it end in .681?

It's a bug on that version that sounds are sometimes played out of the earpiece as opposed to the speaker. There may be an update waiting for you if you connect the phone to your PC and open PC Companion.