• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia U switches off suddenly

Hi

My Xperia U switches off suddenly without any reason. I am finding it too hard to use it. I have repeatedly check every 5 minutes if its on or off.

Recently, it started switching off even during the call. I have even tried to reset the phone to its original settings but the problem still continues.

Is anyone having the similar issue. Please post a fix.

Hi

My Xperia U switches off suddenly without any reason. I am finding it too hard to use it. I have repeatedly check every 5 minutes if its on or off.

Recently, it started switching off even during the call. I have even tried to reset the phone to its original settings but the problem still continues.

Is anyone having the similar issue. Please post a fix.

Hello and welcome, harsha.

That type of issue most often points to a defective device which needs replacement or repair.

But before taking it in, try powering it down and removing the sd card and the sim card. Power back up with only the sim card put back in and see how it runs (what's on your sd card won't be available of course, so you may get errors during this test ;)).

If the problem of spontaneous shut-downs is remedied, you've isolated something on your sd card as the issue, or the card itself being corrupted.

If the problem is still there, power down and remove the sim card briefly, then put it back in and power up. Sometimes doing that will cause things in the system to behave as a sort of "super reboot" of the device without doing a factory data reset.

Good luck. Please post back your results. :)

Upvote 0
My Xperia-u does that I think it's due to the sim card not being recognized or slightly moving out the sim slot, I recommend a sim card slot holder, and if that isint your problem go to a qualified shop to fix your phone and my device seems to do that if the Sims not a problem it's something else but I can bare it because it doesn't always happen much anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones