Xperia X10 Blog - Interesting Reading!General

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't read, unless you are in a really good mood and you want to get into a really bad mood! Guaranteed results, no wait, come back in a week for more, lol! Can you believe this (I'm speechless):

Rikard Skogberg made the following points:

On Xperia firmware roadmap
    • 1. We of course admit we have issues, thats why we had to delay things. This is of course our fault, it is our plan, our product and our planned timing failed. As easy as that.
    • 2. As a result of this delay, the second firmware update (2.1x that brings UXP improvements) has also been delayed and will now roll out in early 2011.
    • 3. An upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) has not been ruled in or out at this stage.
    • 4. The boot-loader will not be opened. The reasons behind this are legal issues as well as ensuring the phone will pass the strict quality control processes of network operators.
    • 5. Regarding Adobe Flash, 16m colours and multi-touch, Rikard said that there are no such plans committed.
    • 6. Not heard anything on improvements on in-call volume connected to the software update.
    • 7. Camera flash does not appear to be included in the coming update.
    • 8. The update does not seem to include Arabic letters.
    Link: More details on Android 2.1 Xperia X10 delay | Xperia X10 Blog

Advertisement
  2. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have also been following this blog. Id like to know exactly what the hell they are doing....Nobody else has such problems updating there software. Great phone, but Im done with SE...Im most certainly going back to HTC for my next phone and future phones after that.

3. mravokop

mravokop New Member

goodbye forever SE SE SE SE

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I totally agree. I feel deceived and will no longer buy any Sony products again. It is not so much of the OS, but in the lies that have been perpetrated. If they had come out and said this back in Aug, I would never have bought the phone. I bought the phone for the hardware build and the fact the 2.1 and later 2.2 would be coming forthwith (End of 3rd Qtr 2010 and end of 1st Qtr 2011), but now that has ALL changed. I hate to say it, but I was totally correct in how this was going to play out in regards to 2.2, as in it's just is not going to happen! I feel we will all be here with our 1.6 until Feb. Than we will have the privledge of watching SE release X12 in Feb with 2.2 installed, giving them 16M colors, Multi-touch and Adobe Flash, just to name a few. Heck we have this 8.1 MP camera, and NO LED Flash, instead we get an LED Flashlight.............. Way to go SE, heck the big executives will probably all be getting BIG FAT Bonus checks at Christmas for doing such a bang up job in selling an out dated OS to a bunch of poor TRUSTING customers. Unfortunately, this is probably not to far from the truth.... I may get suckered into buying another product down the road, but I can guarantee you, it will NOT be an SE product!

OK, I'm climbing off my soap box now...