1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

xperia x10 iplayerGeneral

1. amo33

amo33 New Member

up untill a couple of days ago i was able to watch/download things from bbc iplayer over wifi to my xperia x10 2.1
    now when i try to access the site it says that my phone is not supported
    the only changes i have made to the phone is change my sim card provider from orange too giffgaff.com which shouldn't make any difference to my wifi settings
    i've tried myplayer from android market and this does not work
    about:debug does not work
    has anyone any surgestions

Advertisement
    :
  2. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

The BBC might have changed something in iplayer?
    amo33 likes this.
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I think you are lucky to have been able to watch it as long as you have. Myplayer used to do the BBC channels but they got into trouble with the BBC and licencing laws etc. They got Beebplayer banned too.

Currently I don't think there is a way as Iplayer is only supported on higher Android versions than we have.
    amo33 likes this.
  4. amo33

amo33 New Member

thanks for the replies
    it's a bit annoying that the xperia x10 is a more than capable phone but sony ericsson wont release 2.2 update for it which would solve my problem
  5. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Well like I said months ago, at least they gave some updates unlike the satio which they stopped supporting the day it was released!

Your only option is to flash a custom 2.2 rom to the phone and then install Flash 10.1 and then you can install the official bbc iplayer app.
  6. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I have an Xperia X10 and BBC iPlayer never had support for the Xperia X10, so I don't know how you was able to access it previously

The only other way is to install an old version of myPlayer or BeebPlayer, which I have, but cannot provide due to forum rules. But not hard to find with a simple google search :)
  7. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

i have the beeb player installed...it picks up the stuff but when you press play...come up with an error

never used it to be honest!!