• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i just bought my X10 and i don't know how to set up games and apps that i downloaded from my laptop ?
can anybody help me

Download a file management app like Astro or ES File Explorer. Transfer the apk to your phone (SD) via bluetooth or USB. In Application Settings select 'unknown applications'. Open Astro or ES and select the apk files on your SD card and your apps will be installed.

Reactions: Youssef
Upvote 0
Download a file management app like Astro or ES File Explorer. Transfer the apk to your phone (SD) via bluetooth or USB. In Application Settings select 'unknown applications'. Open Astro or ES and select the apk files on your SD card and your apps will be installed.

Roze, couldn't they also use the File Manager that comes with the PC Companion software to transfer these files? I haven't really used the File Manager in it all that much but it seems like it would also do the trick. What do you think?

Upvote 0
Roze, couldn't they also use the File Manager that comes with the PC Companion software to transfer these files? I haven't really used the File Manager in it all that much but it seems like it would also do the trick. What do you think?

Well yes, you can get the files on your X10's SD card no problem. Unless SE has a stock file manager on the phone, you won't be able to access those files. From my phone, if they are musics and pictures, the music app or gallary app will pick them up. But for game apps if SE doesn't have a file manager, you'd need to download one from the market to access the files.

Upvote 0
While using either a blue tooth headset or the wired hands free that came with the phone, does anyone's screen continuously turn on..........as in sleep-wake-sleep-wake-etc.... during the entire conversation? It's quite annoying and its got to be draining the battery!

Rogers is sending me a replacement next week but anyone else have this issue?

Upvote 0
This darn thing is growing on me. Slammed it a few posts ago. There are issues, but then, it is a new phone. Lets hope the battery patch will be issued soon and the 2.1 at the start of Q4.

Incidentally, the proximity sensor - some folk dont think its working during a call as it doesn't shut down the screen like on other devices, it is, it just doesn't turn the screen off. You can test by covering the top of the phone and try and end the call.

Upvote 0
hi! i purchased a sony ericsson xperia x10 just recently. the first few days of using it was smooth sailing. UNTIL there came a time when... when i pressed the center button [if i'm not mistaken, this is called the home button?] the words "activating phone" appeared. and it freezes there. i tried to leave it as is overnight to give it time to "load". but when i wake up, STILL THE SAME!! so, i restored the phone since non will be lost anyway because the cellphone is brand new and i haven't stored any important stuff yet. it was good as new again. i re-did the set-up and all those stuff. after a few days, this same problem arose AGAIN! :thinking: now, i've discovered that when i press the home button and hold, a list of applications can be chosen and it works. but.. i can't go back to my home and use my phone PROPERLY. now, i am living WITH it. but i don't want to live with this problem forever. such a hassle.

can anyone help? any kind of advice will be appreciated. THANK YOU! :D

Upvote 0
hi! i purchased a sony ericsson xperia x10 just recently. the first few days of using it was smooth sailing. UNTIL there came a time when... when i pressed the center button [if i'm not mistaken, this is called the home button?] the words "activating phone" appeared. and it freezes there. i tried to leave it as is overnight to give it time to "load". but when i wake up, STILL THE SAME!! so, i restored the phone since non will be lost anyway because the cellphone is brand new and i haven't stored any important stuff yet. it was good as new again. i re-did the set-up and all those stuff. after a few days, this same problem arose AGAIN! :thinking: now, i've discovered that when i press the home button and hold, a list of applications can be chosen and it works. but.. i can't go back to my home and use my phone PROPERLY. now, i am living WITH it. but i don't want to live with this problem forever. such a hassle.

Try installing another launcher like adw or helix, then you can choose which one to use, including the default x10 home launcher.

Upvote 0

Ahem it sounds fecked so take it back to the shop and get another one, make sure you insist on it as it could be a fault in the phone as I have never had that issue and it sounds bad. I would not bother adding an app to try and cure it, it could be a bad install issue or even a hardware issue.

Upvote 0
Have you got this working on the x10? It's not showing in the market for me and the apk from their site won't install.

The apk from their site won't install for me either. It says something along the lines of "Cannot be installed on this device." I was interested to try this out but unless I can find a version that I can install, I guess I will just stick with ADW.Launcher until the 2.1 upgrade comes along and then go back to the stock home app.

Upvote 0
I am using Xperia X10 for the last 6 months, and I am loving it. I am okay with all the features except one, which is quite embarassing among my friends who are Nokia holders.
The camera boasts 8 mp, and shooting in hotel with dim light is horrible. Even any indoor shots is very poor. Looks bright and good only in outdoor snaps.
Is there any ways to get this fixed, or this is how android 1.6 works?

Upvote 0
I sync my contacts to Gmail and also to Sony Ericsson site.
But the problem I faced recently was, I formatted it completely, and when I wanted to restore my contacts, it just messes it completely. All email gets into my phone.
Is there any ways how Nokia has the features of saving it in computer and then pasting it back to SD card?
Xperia has the option to backup to SD Card, but where does it store in SD Card. I tried searching all the folder in SD Card, and I do not get any.
Please help.

Upvote 0
I am using Xperia X10 for the last 6 months, and I am loving it. I am okay with all the features except one, which is quite embarassing among my friends who are Nokia holders.
The camera boasts 8 mp, and shooting in hotel with dim light is horrible. Even any indoor shots is very poor. Looks bright and good only in outdoor snaps.
Is there any ways to get this fixed, or this is how android 1.6 works?
Yes, basically, you'd need to wait for the 2.1 update to get Flash to work on the X10

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Got the x10 a few weeks back and STILL I cannot view any damn thing saved to the 8gb microSD that comes with the phone. I usually dont mind fiddling about with a phone, finding all its in's and outs. However this phone is proving to be an exception. I've googled for answers, read some forums and tried some stuff....(including selecting video in mediascape, then pressing more...however that thread said click option button. i clicked every button and got no means to access my SD files.) I have read that some protected stuff might not appear. Which is fair enough...but ive added several videos and pictures and still the only thing ive put on the phone and can access is a song i bluetoothed over from my old phone as my ring tone. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...as its driving me nuts:|

Upvote 0
How are you adding the files to the SD card? Is the card mounted at the time you are trying to view them on the phone?

I have added several pictures and songs to my phones SD card (16GB) using either the File Manager found in PC Companion or through Media Go. Anytime my SD card was mounted to my computer (required to add files), I wouldn't be able to access anything on it from my phone. Once it was unmounted, I simply had to go into Mediascape, then to Photo, select More, then scroll through the menu options on the bottom of the screen until I got to My Albums under which all my transferred photos could be found. For Videos and Music, I followed a similar procedure. Until I figured this out though, I was in the same boat and couldn't find any media I added to the SD card.

If you tried this already, then I'm not sure what to tell you other than maybe you put something into the wrong folders on your computer or to get a File Manager app for your phone and that way you can search the SD card yourself from your phone and maybe retrieve your 'lost' media. Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Got the x10 a few weeks back and STILL I cannot view any damn thing saved to the 8gb microSD that comes with the phone. I usually dont mind fiddling about with a phone, finding all its in's and outs. However this phone is proving to be an exception. I've googled for answers, read some forums and tried some stuff....(including selecting video in mediascape, then pressing more...however that thread said click option button. i clicked every button and got no means to access my SD files.) I have read that some protected stuff might not appear. Which is fair enough...but ive added several videos and pictures and still the only thing ive put on the phone and can access is a song i bluetoothed over from my old phone as my ring tone. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...as its driving me nuts:|

I just plug the phone in, select mount, then copy and paste my music into the music folder, any pics into pictures folder and any videos into video folder. I dont use the ericsson mediago or file manager as i dont like the software.

Unplug phone and its all there in media scape or whatever app im using to view them in.

Does your sd card work ok in other phones? Maybe its faulty?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies=)

Well Im finding music easily enough and pictures. I was using the software provided by sony ericsson to load my files. Placing the videos into the "video folder" using file manager. Dont think the microSDis faulty as if it were the music wouldnt appear. I shall try not using mediaGo or file mananger and see how i get on.

Thanks for the replies.

Upvote 0
I need to know if anyone have the same problem with me and know how to resolve it.

I subscribed 3G connection and has enjoyed the speed. However, I found that in some occasion when I disconnect from 3G connection, my x10 cannot reconnect back automatically. The fastest way to get back 3G connection is by enable the Airplane mode for awhile and disable it again. Then only my 3G connection establish. And I believe this is not the way to do... :(

Is it because my x10 setting or the operator fault? Anyone...thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones