Xperia X10 Mini vs Mini Pro - CameraGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jezston

Jezston Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm thinking of getting either an Xperia Mini or Mini Pro - just wondering, something I haven't been able to ascertain from reviews out there (when reviewing both, most reviewers seem to have only based the camera portion of the review on one of the phones) is there any difference with the camera between the two phones? Also, is there much difference quality wise between the 5 megapixel shots of the Xperia X10 minis and, say, the HTC Desire / Nexus One?

I have a Desire at the moment (kind of on loan) and I do like the Android OS, but I like the compact nature of the Xperia Minis, and found typing texts with the keypad style entry on the Mini quite acceptable.

I'm not that fussed about all the app support of a 2.2 Desire - I just want something which I can do regular phone stuff with (make calls, send texts), take acceptable photos, browse the web, check my email, and get gps navigation etc. I can live without all the extras.

The Xperia Mini seems to suit my needs well, and it's quite cheap. Any 'gotchas' I might not be aware of, that many reviews may have missed? Only thing I've seen so far that clearly lets it down is the video quality is pretty poor from what I've seen - looks more upscaled 320 x 240 than VGA! But if there are any other reasons I should avoid the Mini, let me know!

Also, any other compact Android / Smartphones with the features I need on the horizon?

Advertisement