Xperia X10 mini won't play Youtube videos?Support

1. awolnation

awolnation Member

Hey guys,

So a while ago I got a very I got a very interesting problem, i've never had to deal with anything like this, and it seems I'm the only one having this problem.
    So the problem is that somehow, my phone suddenly refuses to open Youtube videos. It loads the whole page, but when i tap on the video it flashes confirming that i tapped it, but the it does nothing. I can't really use the app either because when i start it, it just freezes. I've been watching videos on it for 2 years now and everything worked fine until 2 day ago. I tried cleaning cookies, cache nothing worked and also downloaded several browsers with no use. As a side note, I used Dolphin browser when it happened.

Thanks in advance ! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums. :)

Have you tried clearing the data on the app or the browser?
  3. awolnation

awolnation Member

I think I have, but could you tell me how can i do it just to be sure
  4. Metroid Prime

Go Settings > Applications > Go to your YouTube app and go to clear data. :)
  5. awolnation

awolnation Member

Well thats interesting... For Some reason I can't see either my Youtube app or my basic Browser app. Only Dolphin browser..
  6. Metroid Prime

Really? You should be seeing those in Applications. Are you rooted perhaps?
    Make sure you're going to All apps.
  7. awolnation

awolnation Member

No I don't thik so. :( Would a reset help?
  8. Metroid Prime

Maybe, but let's look into it a little more before we do that okay? :)
    I don't want you to have to go through that if there was a simple solution we didn't find. :) The YouTube app should be at the bottom of the list where all your other apps are. Try turning your device off and then on.
  9. awolnation

awolnation Member

Thanks for your patience :)
    I have just tried that but I still can't see it. It seems as we go further into this more problems are just coming up.
  10. Metroid Prime

Its' all good. :) Are you rooted by any chance? Is the app on your home screen?
    If it is try to clear the search history on it if it doesn't freeze.
  11. awolnation

awolnation Member

What do you mean by rooted? The icon itself is not on my homescreen. It's weird because only the app freezes the phone doesn't. I can't click anything neither scroll.
  12. Metroid Prime

Rooted is hacked, but since you're not we can cross that off our list. :) Rooted

It's not on the homescreen? Where are you finding it?
  13. awolnation

awolnation Member

Okay i got i working :) i found the app in the applications menu, it was filtered out. But some how i still cant lauch videos from the browser.
  14. Metroid Prime

Awesome! See if you can't clear the data on it. As for your browser see if java script is enabled. I turned mine off and it wouldn't load YouTube videos.
  15. awolnation

awolnation Member

I checked, and yes the Java Script is enabled on the browser.
  16. m4ti140

m4ti140 New Member

Hi, I have exaxtly the same problem with my x-10 mini pro, except for me the youtube app, launched from dektop, works. I have tried cleaning cache and changing browser, but to no avail. Strangely, my problem started more less at the same time as yours. Also directembeded videos on other websites than m.youtube.com start as well.

Can some other x-10 mini pro user check if it works for him? Cause to me it looks like youtube messed up their embeds somehow and m.youtube.com doesn't coumunicate with youtube app anymore.
  17. awolnation

awolnation Member

I feel sorry for you, but also I'm a bit happy that I'm not the only one having this problem. Then again, the report of another X10 user would be taken kindly. :)
  18. Metroid Prime

Hopefully we can come to a solution to this issue. :) Have you tried clearing the data on the Browser app? Then see if you can view YouTube videos via browser.
  19. awolnation

awolnation Member

I have tried doing it, as I did with the Youtube App, but unlike that it didn't do the job.
  20. Metroid Prime

The only thing I could think of is a factory reset. If you do that just make sure to backup your stuff or you'll lose it. Wish it wasn't the only thing I could think of, but this kind of thing usually fixes issues. If you two happened to update the phone this should work. :)
  21. m4ti140

m4ti140 New Member

Ok, now, this is strange... The problem fixed itself. It simply started to work again... It may be related to opera reinstall I made, but that most likely isn't it - it didn't work instantly after reinstall. It rather reminds me the problems I had with searching in Google directly from adress bar few months ago. It seems like, whenever Google changes something the old Androids go crazy...
  22. Abhishekbpm

Abhishekbpm New Member

Hi..i was getting the same issue with my youtube player on my xperia x10 mini...not sure why and i have tried clearing data and done same as specified...however still having same problem and cannot play youtube...

can some assist please.
  23. Abhishekbpm

Abhishekbpm New Member

i cnt ply youtube on my xperia x10 mini
  24. tessmetlr

tessmetlr New Member

I am too start to have this problem. Please help me
    I need my youtube work. I have xperia x10 mini pro
  25. tessmetlr

tessmetlr New Member

I am too start to have this problem. Please help me
    I need my youtube work. I have xperia x10 mini pro