Xperia X10 moved country, locking my sim card? please help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Englishguy26

Englishguy26 Member This Topic's Starter

Im using the Sony Ericsson x10 with rogers(internet provider) in Canada, i just travelled to the UK, and it worked fine in the airport here in England, but as soon as i left, my signal got like an "X" next to it, now i cant text, or even go on WiFi? im assuming that rogers has blocked it since im outside Canada, but why wouldnt my WiFi work? i thought that was a bonus with the phone, didnt think it was possible to block it. Do i need a new sim card? or what? im not here long just a couple months, so i dont feel the need to go through different providers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) thanks a lot guys hope to hear from you :)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed! Feel free to join the conversations! PM me if you need help finding your way around! :D

Steven

PS: I'll move this to the right section, where you can more xperia folks to see it! :D

3. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

I think this is something to do with Roaming, which you should have organised with Rogers before you left. The wifi not working I'm not sure, does it not connect to routers, what is the issue with that exactly? You could get another UK simcard but then you would need to have your phone unlocked if it is actually locked to Rogers, and use Pay As You Go whilst you're here.

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I wonder if it is the bug that will drop wifi connection when you have no signal bars... which if you don't have roaming set up you won't have any signal at all, therefore no wifi? Perhaps a call to Rogers might get you sorted.