xperia x10 no soundGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Astro

Astro New Member This Topic's Starter

I need some help
    i was just playing music in mediascape like 5 minutes ago i donno what i pressed but there is no sound anymore coming from it, i checked the phone is not on mute and no settings are on mute, and it is on general not on vibrate or silent.
    calling my phone i dont get sound either or playing music only when i hook the head phones in i get sound!!
    help!!!
    model x10i
    firmware 1.6
    Baseband bersion
    kernel
    2.6.29-rel
    build number R1FA016

thx Astro

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Have you checked your bluetooth is off, cos I couldn't get any sound out of my phone altho I could hear weird tinny noise from somewhere and the damn thing had connected to the headset on my net book. Didn't even know netbook had headphone setting!

The other thing you could try is the whole remove battery and then restart it see if that sorts it when it reboots. If that fails, then maybe do a repair via PC Companion Support and Update tabs. You may lose some info tho so remember to back it up first.

You dont say where you are from or what carrier you are on but if you are still on the R1..016 build then you may get a phone update either via PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service.

3. Astro

okay cheers ill try all that thx and get bk to u, it is ireland and o2 service well it was untill it got unlocked

ps bluetooth is off

4. Astro

okay cheers ill try all that thx and get bk to u, it is ireland and o2 service well it was untill it got unlocked

ps bluetooth is off
    used it for 2 days now if that helps.

5. rosered

Just a thought.

From the lock screen, don't swype to unlock but press

Menu Back Back Menu Back Menu Menu Back

which takes you to a secret menu and there is an option for service test whereby you can check your speaker.

6. Astro

okay nvm when i plugged the phone to the computer the sound just turned bk on and i got a message so i donno why or how it happend but glad it did. well while im here what should i use to back up my stuff and might as well upgrade firmware then

7. rosered

Depends what you have got on there although as you dont need to do a repair/factory reset now the sound is working, you can choose option 1 of the software update which I chose and lost nothing. Settings and apps all remained unchanged.

Once you get this next update it gives you an app for backup on there.