• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xperia X10 Problem: Receivers (at other end) hearing sharp noise emitted by X10 during calls:

Same problem here. Bought it for my wife and when calling with her i can hear the slapping noise often.... Strange

So we sail in same boat on all accounts.

Anyways a funny thing happen last week....

I was trying to call all service centres to see if there is one that i can visit given my 6 day a week working schedule....

I get a number of one of the Service Centre guys...i call him and hear a similar sharp sound during introduction.

I ask him a polite question, "are you by any chance using a x10 urself?"
Answer is in affirmative.

I explain to him the issue in my phone and his phone as well...

He denies having an issue and i request him to ask all his frequent callers to report in case, though he agreed I dont think he was interested :(
-------------

Meanwhile I am sure I ll have to take a day off to visit one of these centres and thats not happening soon..so till then hoping for some magic to happen.....

I ve seen in certain calls the problem is a little worse, while in some its relatively better [less worse?] (not that frequent)

Upvote 0
Well since i read this post a few days ago i have decided to test it out - with some strange results as this seems to be a wide ranging problem

Firmware R2BA026 - T-Mobile UK X10i

during every call i have asked for feedback on call quality - here's results

I have called my own customer service team in the UK - NO ISSUE
Called the wife while she was in london - NO ISSUE
Made a few calls to landlines all round the country - NO ISSUE
Spoken to a car rental place in Cyprus - NO ISSUE

not sure if i missed anything but thats, local, national, mobile and international calls and not a single issue

maybe suggest its particular software versions or carriers ??

Upvote 0
Same problem here. Bought it for my wife and when calling with her i can hear the slapping noise often.... Strange

Are you sure she's not getting spanked when you call? lol

All jokes aside, I hope you all get this sorted. It must be annoying as hell! I'm fortunate mine doesn't do this (Though maybe I'd have a laugh with the "slapping noise" :p)

Here's hoping the 2.1 update will roll out in the next couple of weeks and fix the majority of issues we're all having! :)

Reactions: CuBz and MrWomble
Upvote 0
Are you sure she's not getting spanked when you call? lol

LMAO! That was the cherry on top of a great day :D made me laugh for a good while :D

Anyway, back to the subject....A few people have said they cannot hear me properly in calls, but these always seem to be the foreign customer service representatives and take-away restaurants, so maybe they just cant understand me correctly :D

Upvote 0
LMAO! That was the cherry on top of a great day :D made me laugh for a good while :D

Anyway, back to the subject....A few people have said they cannot hear me properly in calls, but these always seem to be the foreign customer service representatives and take-away restaurants, so maybe they just cant understand me correctly :D

Quite possible - not sure where this thread started, i believe maybe India - just wonder if its mainly outside UK territory ??

Upvote 0
It does seem to be mostly Indian users having the problems, so maybe it's more a network issue with the handset and not the phone itself.

If those experiencing these issues could please let us know what network you're on, it could help us to help you.

Thanks!

Yes...

Mumbai, India.
Airtel.

In fact I ve tested on a newer sim (Airtel again) as well, problem persisted.

Will check with Vodafone this weekend and post if issue persists...

Upvote 0
I cannot believe i googled this issue and loads of people seems to have the same problem.
Im on 02 network in UK bought the phone in may 2010 and my hubby noticed this banging noise, this he finds really annoying more so cos i cannot hear it!!

This is obviously a problem that im going to put up with until my upgrade next yr.
I cannot be bothered in sending my phone off just for it to be reset .... Lets hope the software update we're waiting on, happens quickly who knows this may solve it...???

Upvote 0
Hi All,
I also got the problem with the x10. With Vodafone NL. I call support and they tell me i have to go to the vodafone store. They dont know the problem (yeah right). Friends are telling me: Hi Nathalie, how are you (crush crush) over, they are joking about it because it looks like if we are talking with walkie-talkie :s

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Well looks like im not the only one with this problem. This is the only forum that is reporting this issue. Apparently not lots of ppl having this crackling muffled sound across the world. But clearly some of those phones got a bad batch or something.

Im with rogers canada and the phone was an upgrade from Rogers, and the first call i made from my x10 to my GF she told me that my voice is muffled with static and she cant hear me properly. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes the sound is muffled or started to get muffled during a conversation.

I past the 30 minutes talk time so i need to contact Sony Ericsson for a replacement or hoping the 2.1 update will cure this issue.

model x10a
firmare 1.6
build # r2ba020

Regards

Upvote 0
hi everyone
i'm from Turkiye and i have that same problem with my X10.. i bought it in august and the problem started by the first calls to my girlfriend. i tested it myself also, called my other mobilephone and home phone so i realized that the problem really exists..

i gave my x10 to the service center to change with a new X10. first, they repaired my x10 via changing a cable near the microphone.. but i didnt accept it because it's a very new one.. they forced me to accept my repaired X10 but i struggled to get a new X10 for 2 months and finally they accepted to give a new one. yesterday i got my new X10 but unfortunately same problem exists with my new X10 :mad:

is this a common and global issue? a hardware problem causes this issue or a software problem? i hope sonyericsson resolves this problem with the 2.1 update..

Upvote 0
hi everyone
i'm from Turkiye and i have that same problem with my X10.. i bought it in august and the problem started by the first calls to my girlfriend. i tested it myself also, called my other mobilephone and home phone so i realized that the problem really exists..

i gave my x10 to the service center to change with a new X10. first, they repaired my x10 via changing a cable near the microphone.. but i didnt accept it because it's a very new one.. they forced me to accept my repaired X10 but i struggled to get a new X10 for 2 months and finally they accepted to give a new one. yesterday i got my new X10 but unfortunately same problem exists with my new X10 :mad:

is this a common and global issue? a hardware problem causes this issue or a software problem? i hope sonyericsson resolves this problem with the 2.1 update..

Hi All,

Any update on the issue? Any resolution / observation?

Any body facing this upgraded to 2.1....if yes...did it make any difference?

Thanks,
And_Oid

Upvote 0
I'm on 2.1 now but was only on the phone for about 5 seconds. In saying that, I never had this issue in the 1st place so can't comment. However, things like the contacts has improved. Not noticed much battery difference but I read on another thread, it's really just the change in brightness that makes a difference to the battery and no actual improvement... Time will tell!

I honestly hope when the rest of you get the 2.1 update it will resolve this problem.

Upvote 0
facing same issue here, MOVISTAR, South America(x10a), Brazil manufactured in May, factory setting.
So, what about 2.1 ?
Any sonyericsson answers ?
People are not reporting so often because they tends(recipients) to think that it is a noise generated by wind or physical bumps so only during a long calls they actually complying about noise. It take to me about 3 months to get notified from callers about such issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones