• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xperia x10a keyboard

sean48

Aug 8, 2010
hey guys i had a question about the keyboard. when im typing and its suggesting a word if i click the next key it draws a small circle. if i want to move to the next word i need to either click on the suggested word; press space; or press the back key then go front again. any way to fix this?
ps i know alot of you will say get the htc but i gave it a try and surprisingly (dont bash me) i liked the original more. i would have stuck to htc but when i tried changing key sizes (height or width) it wouldnt let me. my only problem with the keyboard is having big fingers i missclick alot, something i never had an issue with on the iphone (once again dont bash me). so in conclusion i guess what im asking is 1. can i stop the keyboard from entering circles everytime i press next. 2. how can i change key type on htc (i know its in setting but it didnt work). 3. anyone know of another keyboard that has larger/spaced out keys like the iphone ?
thanks

Try swype/shapewriter, doesn't matter if you can't type accurately because you only need to get closer to keys and it predicts, give it a try after a few texts or whatever you won't want to go back

hey, thanks for the reply. unfortunately i couldnt find either 1 of those on the market, any idea where i could get them from? also when you say predict, i write alot of txts in another language, would that be dificult with these programs as it predicts english?
thanks

Upvote 0
The keyboard I found as a replacement, which is FREE in the market is the keyboard called, "THICKBUTTONS Keyboard". It is awesome and now I have an awesome keyboard. The one that comes with the phone leaves a lot to be desired. When we move to 2.1 OS, you'll be able to get a keyboard called "SWYPE", but again, cannot get it till 2.1. So in the mean tie, check out "THICKBUTTONS Keyboard".............

Upvote 0
The keyboard I found as a replacement, which is FREE in the market is the keyboard called, "THICKBUTTONS Keyboard". It is awesome and now I have an awesome keyboard. The one that comes with the phone leaves a lot to be desired. When we move to 2.1 OS, you'll be able to get a keyboard called "SWYPE", but again, cannot get it till 2.1. So in the mean tie, check out "THICKBUTTONS Keyboard".............

I have 1.6 with Swype, just Google it. You have to manually install, as it will not show up in the market, seeing as how it is not yet released (still in beta). Don't go to their website because it's a closed beta, it'll be on a forum somewhere. Install ASTRO file manager and go to the download directory and install the .apk manually (you may have to enable third party installations/non-market to allow for installation).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones