XPERIA X10i Update - R2BA023General

Last Updated:

1. benzmar

benzmar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, in India, there was a minor update on the Air early this week (Sunday July 11, 2010). Forum spoke that this minor update has improved the performance of TimeScape and MediaScape and overall system performance. My simple worry is, when SE/Android sends any update, will there be not any official papers as to what does this update carry? Should we dig ourselves in the forum to know what are the updates?

Android/SE, could you please keep the information posted in official website, as well as those who are registered users in SE website, can get email at least.

By the way, I have seen quite a improved performance after the update (R2BA023). But I am facing serious issue after the update. Could this be resolved immediately:

Earlier when you plug your ears with earphone and hear music, and when any incoming call comes, the phone rings and you can hear the ringtone in the earphone and the music is paused. But now after the update, the music is paused, and the phone alone rings. The earphone does not output the ringtone. Looks aweful. Could this be fixed immediately?

Model Number X10i
    Firmware Version 1.6
    Baseband Version 1.1.27
    Kernel Version 2.6.29-rel semc-android@SEMC #2
    Build Number R2BA023

Thank you,
    Benjamin Mark
    benzmar@gmail.com

Advertisement
  2. sunilraot

sunilraot New Member

I too have been facing the same problem. But there seems to be one more problem alongwith. The recurring alarms rings only once and remains silent later, even when your snooze option says 5 min. I have got late to office twice coz of it... man... someone get a solution for this...

Sunil
    X10i
    Sunilraot@gmail.com

3. benzmar

benzmar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am from India. I had my phone updated on the AIR with the new version RBxxxx23. This really sucks!

Everything seemed fresh and new in the beginning. As the days went, I am seeing the problem creeping very badly. To new few that is in my hotlist:

Xperia frequently freezes
    1. SD Card not reading properly
    2. When hearing music in earphone, SMS ringtone is heard in the earphone with song still playing
    3. Phone ringtone never hears in the earphone while listening to music. It is heard outside

In the previous version, when I hear music in earphone, and when I get a SMS or Phone call, the music stops and I hear the ringtone or notification in my earphone.

What are these mishaps? Will this be fixed in priority? Is there any ways to roll back to previous version till we get a proper fix?

I travel daily, and while travelling I just cant hear the ringtone ringing in my earphone while driving. (don’t ask me to go for Bluetooth earphone as a remedy).

Please give a solution for these. Freezing of phone really sucks! Any solution for it?

4. kancha

kancha New Member

how to update xperia x10i? can some one give me hint my phone was old firmware version 1.6 so i want to update with new one

5. zks_bot

zks_bot New Member

dude update android OS of xperia X10i ll come in the end of end October or start of November............... :)