• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia x8 notification led question

i am going to buy xperia x8 over bb bold 9700

because its awesome

but i have one question how many colors are there in the small led above the screen

like green,blue,red ect ect

how many colors ?

and can we set diff colors for diff notifications using some app on the market?

You need to use third party apps to change your settings on led. There is one called Blink - Flash LED your way, that lets you set led colours, flashing rate for SMS/MMS/Incoming Call/Missed Call/Battery Low/Memory Low. It has a choice of red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, white, pink, light blue, light green and light red. Now I have found that only about half of them work properly as in giving you that definite colour but that said there is enough variety to cover my needs.

Also many apps that use notifications have their own settings that you can use to customise your LED. For example Handcent (best text app imho) does, my twitter app can.

Upvote 0
You need to use third party apps to change your settings on led. There is one called Blink - Flash LED your way, that lets you set led colours, flashing rate for SMS/MMS/Incoming Call/Missed Call/Battery Low/Memory Low. It has a choice of red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, white, pink, light blue, light green and light red. Now I have found that only about half of them work properly as in giving you that definite colour but that said there is enough variety to cover my needs.

Also many apps that use notifications have their own settings that you can use to customise your LED. For example Handcent (best text app imho) does, my twitter app can.

Rosered - is there a way to stop the LED for certain applications. I want to stop the LED for new email (gmail) as i get a fair few and get constant flashing during the night! I still want the icon in notification bar but not the LED. SMS are not a problem as I dont get many during the night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones