Xperia x8 notification led questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. slasher0079

slasher0079 Member This Topic's Starter

i am going to buy xperia x8 over bb bold 9700

because its awesome

but i have one question how many colors are there in the small led above the screen

like green,blue,red ect ect

how many colors ?

and can we set diff colors for diff notifications using some app on the market?

Advertisement
  2. kiz1983

kiz1983 Well-Known Member

I dunno, but I notice only 3 for now, green for full charge, yellow for charging, n red whn nearly out of battery..

3. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

Every colour imaginable.I myself use purple fos incoming SMS for example and red colour for Twits.
    N.

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You need to use third party apps to change your settings on led. There is one called Blink - Flash LED your way, that lets you set led colours, flashing rate for SMS/MMS/Incoming Call/Missed Call/Battery Low/Memory Low. It has a choice of red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, white, pink, light blue, light green and light red. Now I have found that only about half of them work properly as in giving you that definite colour but that said there is enough variety to cover my needs.

Also many apps that use notifications have their own settings that you can use to customise your LED. For example Handcent (best text app imho) does, my twitter app can.

5. mps83

mps83 Well-Known Member

sms pop up lets you choose any colour for your LED, only on text messages though.

6. rosered

I have had problems with Blink since 2.1, not sure it's compatible but Handcent and K9 are both allowing me to change the led.

7. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

Rosered - is there a way to stop the LED for certain applications. I want to stop the LED for new email (gmail) as i get a fair few and get constant flashing during the night! I still want the icon in notification bar but not the LED. SMS are not a problem as I dont get many during the night.

8. rosered

I use K9 for my home pop3 email and for gmail and you can turn off the led notification within that. I couldn't see an option within the stock app to do it.