• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xperia X8 rooted after that what?

Androidimos

Nov 3, 2010
Hello guys I rooted a SE X8 because I am new to all this i do not know how to add new applications or fonts.
Also I tried to download firebox-because the standard browser when it starts i see only a white page when I am in WiFi mode-but i could not start it.
Moreover if I want to upgreade to 2.1 i must unrooted?
How can i delete all my contacts from my Android phone?

I have viewed your post but the X8 section of the forum seems to be very quiet. I also had a look over on XDA but they haven't even got a separate section for the X8 yet.

I guess the only thing you could do is ask in the X10 All Things Root section, or have a troll through some of the posts there in regard to the root issue and the update. The 2.1 update isn't due out til the end of the year for the X8's tho.

Some people have mentioned Dolphin Browser or Opera in the other forums, so they might be worth a look. I have a feeling that Firefox isn't working on 1.6 but that is from memory of reading a post on another forum - just can't remember where! Have a google to see if that is the case or try one of the alternative browsers that do work on 1.6.

If you want to delete contacts I would go Settings>Applciations>Manage Applications and find Contacts or Contacts Storage (not totally sure which one) and clear the data. This should wipe the lot. Just make sure you haven't got sync set up because it may sync again and put them all back if you don't want them there.

Reactions: Androidimos
Upvote 0
Hello guys I rooted a SE X8 because I am new to all this i do not know how to add new applications or fonts.
Also I tried to download firebox-because the standard browser when it starts i see only a white page when I am in WiFi mode-but i could not start it.
Moreover if I want to upgreade to 2.1 i must unrooted?
How can i delete all my contacts from my Android phone?
there is no point of.ROOTING X8 ...

no custom Roms...

after rooting most of the applications are for customization f ur phone....

PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO SEARCH AND WASTE TIME FOR 2.1 CANT BE DONE....

it sucks to know that I kno cuZ I felt the same lol...

anyways official update will come at the end of NOVEMBER :D

AM ALSO WAITING FOR IT :D

Upvote 0
I have viewed your post but the X8 section of the forum seems to be very quiet. I also had a look over on XDA but they haven't even got a separate section for the X8 yet.

I guess the only thing you could do is ask in the X10 All Things Root section, or have a troll through some of the posts there in regard to the root issue and the update. The 2.1 update isn't due out til the end of the year for the X8's tho.

Some people have mentioned Dolphin Browser or Opera in the other forums, so they might be worth a look. I have a feeling that Firefox isn't working on 1.6 but that is from memory of reading a post on another forum - just can't remember where! Have a google to see if that is the case or try one of the alternative browsers that do work on 1.6.

If you want to delete contacts I would go Settings>Applciations>Manage Applications and find Contacts or Contacts Storage (not totally sure which one) and clear the data. This should wipe the lot. Just make sure you haven't got sync set up because it may sync again and put them all back if you don't want them there.

I guess no one is bothered for x8

I was really excited for android so bought x8 now am repenting.....

Symbian is way better than andy tut tut money waste lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones