• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia X8 Sony Ericsson

Arani

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Hi,

I am new to X8....i am not able to find the organiser option in the screen....Could you help me to find out the memory card..option ..i mean file manager....and could you kindly let me know "when i upload a song...it appears in the list when connected to laptop..but could not find it when seen directly in cell phone "...........plz..help me....:thinking:

"i am not able to find the organiser option in the screen"
Do you mean you want to move your app icons to different spots? If so, long press and drag them where you want them.

"Could you help me to find out the memory card..option ..i mean file manager"
In your app drawer there may be an app "My files" use it to look at the files on the memory card. If not there get "Astro File manager" or another file manager from the Market.

"and could you kindly let me know "when i upload a song...it appears in the list when connected to laptop..but could not find it when seen directly in cell phone"
After you get a song on your SD card, you should be able to see it in your music player unless it is in the wrong format. After you get your file manager you will be able to see the music on the SD card on the root, if that is where you sent it, or in a folder "Music", or in a folder DCIM > Music.

Hope this helps you a little.

Upvote 0
Hi Arani, welcome to AF. For some reason, a number of Android devices don't come with an inbuilt file manager allowing you to navigate the SD Card as you would on a computer. My personal choice is Astro (as above), but ES File Manager is another one you might want to try.

I'll also move your query to X8 section, people who own the phone might be able to provide more assistance.

Upvote 0
I have attached ApkInstaller and Astro File manager, but if you do not have access to your SD card, I do not know how you are going to install them on your device.
View attachment com.android.apkinstaller-1.zip
View attachment ASTRO_File_Manager_2.5.2.zip

Do you have WIFI access? If so can you navigate to the Market using WIFI and download the files so they will install?

Anyway, I found this program on the internet that says if you install it on your computer you can double click an apk file and it will install the apk file onto your phone while connected via usb cable. Never used it, but at the moment it is about the only way that has a chance to get one of the above files installed on your device.

View attachment Setup.installAPK.zip "DO NOT USE THIS FILE, IT HOSED MY COMPUTER!!!! MIGHT HAVE CORRUPTED COPY, BUT IT ONLY GETS ONE CHANCE WITH ME" I WROTE MY OWN SCRIPT TO INSTALL ASTRO

The web page I got this file from says you may need usb drivers, so here is that file, just in case.
View attachment usbdriver.zip

Here is link to site if you have a computer to go there.
Install APKs on your device by double clicking on your PC with installAPK [Beta 1] - Android @ MoDaCo

Finally, I do not know what you mean by "profiles option".

Once you get one installed your device, you can use it to install files from your SD card.

Reactions: Arani
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the reply.
But i am really sorry to trouble you.Profiles means usually we will have options like general,silent,meeting...and I have SD of 8gb and i dont have internet for my cellphone.I have downloaded everything you sent me in my laptop...Could you kindly explain how to install this..to see my files option...looking forward...

And could you tell me wi-fi..i dont know about it..its asking for username and password....kindly explain....

Upvote 0
OK, I have to install the InstallAKP on my computer to see how it works.

I am working an a step by step walk through for you, but I need to know what operating system your computer has, Windows 7 or an Apple.

What is your native language?

If you can go on the internet and read this and download the files you are either using WIFI, 3g, or a landline. I suspect you are using a landline. Let me know everything. You can PM me if you do not want it out for everyone to see.

Upvote 0
I installed that Setup.installAPK on my compute so I could walk you through this process and it did not work and totally messed up my computer. All fixed and clean.

So El Presidente told me how to install an apk using ADB in another thread and I used his instruction to write a .bat file that will install Astro File Manager onto your device. Once Astro is installed you will have access to your SD card and can go from there.

Just unzip the attached folder, Right click and choose Unzip or Extract depending on your setup.
Connect your phone to the computer via USB and make sure it is mounted as a hard drive.

Open the unziped folder and double click on AstroInstall.bat.

I tested it by installing a different apk file Musicmate. Works just fine.

Good luck.

View attachment Install Astro.zip

Upvote 0
Well Arani, the closest thing that my phone has to profiles is:
Hit your menu key, hit settings, you should see something like "sound settings" where you can choose to go into Silent mode, choose when the phone vibrates and the volumes you want and many other settings.

The reason I asked what language you speak is so I could Google "How do you say WIFI in Chinese (for example). I got the following response. WIFI - 无线上网 (W

Upvote 0
Thank you.I am an Indian.but stay in abroad.....my language is telugu....
Kindly let me know how to set up my files.....I use a modem..for internet conncetion for my laptop..which uses a sim card.....and i use windows 7 operating system...looking forward to hear from you....thank you for the replies...

Well Arani, the closest thing that my phone has to profiles is:
Hit your menu key, hit settings, you should see something like "sound settings" where you can choose to go into Silent mode, choose when the phone vibrates and the volumes you want and many other settings.

The reason I asked what language you speak is so I could Google "How do you say WIFI in Chinese (for example). I got the following response. WIFI - 无线上网 (W

Upvote 0
What is PM?

OK, I have to install the InstallAKP on my computer to see how it works.

I am working an a step by step walk through for you, but I need to know what operating system your computer has, Windows 7 or an Apple.

What is your native language?

If you can go on the internet and read this and download the files you are either using WIFI, 3g, or a landline. I suspect you are using a landline. Let me know everything. You can PM me if you do not want it out for everyone to see.

Upvote 0
WiFi > How to say WiFi in Hindi Translation
PM > Private Message

1. Download the file InstallAstro.zip to your desktop

2. Right click the .zip folder and choose Extract Files or Unzip, depending on your setup.

3. Connect your phone to computer via USB cable and insure it is listed as a drive.

4. Open the new folder, Install Astro

5. Double click the file AstroInstall.bat

6. Follow prompts in the command window and the Astro File Manager will be installed onto your phone.

Then you can go into your app drawer and open Astro and access your SD card.

Upvote 0
Arani, I do not know what you are right clicking so I have made and attached a small video that shows you what to do.

1. Make sure your phone is connected via USB cable to your computer

2. Make sure you have unzipped the Install Astro file I sent you

3. Watch the video and see what to do from there.

Edit I could not attach it here for some reason. I uploaded it to youtube, here is the link.

How to open folder and run and executable file.mp4 - YouTube

Upvote 0
I installed that Setup.installAPK on my compute so I could walk you through this process and it did not work and totally messed up my computer. All fixed and clean.

So El Presidente told me how to install an apk using ADB in another thread and I used his instruction to write a .bat file that will install Astro File Manager onto your device. Once Astro is installed you will have access to your SD card and can go from there.

Just unzip the attached folder, Right click and choose Unzip or Extract depending on your setup.
Connect your phone to the computer via USB and make sure it is mounted as a hard drive.

Open the unziped folder and double click on AstroInstall.bat.

I tested it by installing a different apk file Musicmate. Works just fine.

Good luck.

View attachment 26847

I thank you sincerely for the above, it only took me 8 hours and 45 minutes of research and failed attempts today. Implemented it in about 8.45 seconds after signing up to this forum.

:):):):smokingsomb::):):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones