xperia x8 vs wildfire

Last Updated:

1. ashish1354

ashish1354 New Member This Topic's Starter

Guys please help me decide which phone is more future proof.
    x8 has got 128mb ram and hi res screen and 600Mhz processor.
    wildfire has got low res screen 528 mhz processor and 384mbram

Advertisement
  2. PsychoMania

PsychoMania Active Member

The X8 does have slightly better specs (mainly the screen) but it's shocking that SE had the cheek to release it running an old version of Android (1.6) whist devices running newer versions have been on sale since February/March this year. The extra ram in the wildfire is more important performance wise than the faster processor in the X8.

The wildfire has the superior 2.1 version of Android and is also due to get the great 2.2 version (which will really speed it up) before the end of the year. Personally i'd choose the wildfire because of this, because it will have access to more apps and because of the total lack of support from Sony Ericsson for it's products.

3. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

On X10 mini the old version of Android means no multi-touch. Probably the same for X8

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The SE user interface is not as slick running as HTC sense, so the CPU,mhz difference and lack of ram will make for a significant speed difference too.

The only drawback of the Wildfire is the screen. Its a shame.

Tough call, but given the choice, I'd go HTC every time.

Although, If I couldn't afford the monthly plan to get the HTC desire, I'd probably get rid of my cable TV so that I could.

5. TJ2010

TJ2010 Member

So you're saying the SE is slower and the the htcs screen is inferior? I have a mini pro but i don't find it slow to use. It's my first smartphone though! If i was going to go with the X8 i'd probably wait for the 2.1 update first. I'm interested cause i am considering exchanging it for a wildfire; i like the phone but SEs support leaves a lot to be desired! Good hardware though...