Xperia Z1 wifi problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hunter2

hunter2 Member

hi all

my phone connects to the wifi and averything but wone load a internet page or go on play store, whatsapp messages wont go through,it seems there is no internet connection how can this be fixed:(

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Take the phone to a wifi hotspot (like McDonalds or a mall) and see if it connects to the internet. If it does it's a problem with your router setup. If it doesn't it's a problem with your phone or with some app you installed that's blocking internet access.
  3. hunter2

hunter2 Member

thanks a lot will do!
  4. hunter2

hunter2 Member

OK so my friend with the same phone can go on the net when he connects to the wifi.

i dont have any other apps installed on the phone
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Is there something on your router that's blocking it? Can you check via the admin control panel?

Also, what's your software version? WiFi has been kinda flaky up until the .290 firmware.
  6. hunter2

hunter2 Member

will see if i can check. its at work.

but why will it block me and not the other guy.

i updated last Sunday,
    vers4.3
    14.2.A.0.290
  7. hunter2

hunter2 Member

still cant connect to the internet with wifi on and connected tried 2 different routers and still not working.
  8. El Presidente

Have you tried changing DNS settings on the phone itself?

What type of connection are you trying to use? 2.4 or 5 GHz?
  9. hunter2

hunter2 Member

can you please tell me where to change the dns settings

and where to check what connection. it is on
  10. El Presidente

Settings, WiFi, long press the connection name, then select modify, then advanced. There should be an option to change DNS. Use Google servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I'm in work now with no access to wifi so that's from memory. I'll double check if that's correct when I get home.
  11. hunter2

hunter2 Member

thanks

ok so went to the setting and it was on 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

so when i connect the first dns changes to ip address.

so i told my buddy to connect and see if it is the same.

when he connects the ip is different so i changed mine to the same as what he has

and there it is working again fine just poor connection but it connects and goes on the net everything.

on both different routers i did the same and it works.

can you explain why this happened or how it got change because it did work before.

dont even know if this is the right way?and does it mean when i try to connect to other router it will also need to be changed
  12. El Presidente

I'm not sure if you'll need to change it for every connection.

If you change the IP settings to Automatic, see if that makes a difference. If yes and you can connect, you won't need to mess about every time you connect to a new network.